Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71112 - 12/08/04 06:25 AM Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just paid $4.60 for a small plastic seatbelt stopper at the dealer parts dept. so wanted to make sure I did this right - how the heck do you get the male and female part to stay together? They don't snap together and just slide right off of each other. Any ideas?

#71113 - 12/08/04 10:27 AM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
There's a TSB about those going missing:
http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissan/TSB/Augu/15662.asp

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#71114 - 12/08/04 12:01 PM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Anonymous
Unregistered

The one you got at the parts department needs to be melted together.. (thats what they told me)..
I didn't have toe tool, so i went to the service department to see how much it was to have them put it in.. It is covered under warranty..
Freebie fix...

#71115 - 12/08/04 05:18 PM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
Yeah, and there's a lifetime warranty on the seatbelts too.

#71116 - 12/08/04 05:42 PM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2000 XE. Before I tear my house up looking for the warranty info, is the seat belt 'button' also covered under a 'lifetime' warranty?

#71117 - 12/08/04 05:46 PM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
Not 100% sure, but I've got a 2000 and just remember that the seat belts have a lifetime warranty. I'd think it would be, and would definatly give it a shot.

#71118 - 12/08/04 05:56 PM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys. I just dug up the warranty manual and it does indeed state a lifetime warranty on the seatbelt and all of its components. I would never have thought about looking that up to see if a seatbelt stopper was covered. Thanks again.

#71119 - 12/08/04 05:59 PM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TommyGun:
Just paid $4.60 for a small plastic seatbelt stopper at the dealer parts dept. so wanted to make sure I did this right - how the heck do you get the male and female part to stay together? They don't snap together and just slide right off of each other. Any ideas?
The button is not covered by the lifetime belt warranty because it's an annoyance problem, not a safety issue. What we do at the shop is take a nice big adjustable wrench and tighten it on the two halves, squeezing them together. When you get to the point when you can't tighten it by hand anymore, turn the adjustable wrench wheel with a pair of pliers until fully secured.

#71120 - 13/08/04 07:33 AM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Anonymous
Unregistered

So do I basically crush the pointed end of the male part? I guess it would make sense to melt it like someone else posted earlier, but if I use a wrench and try to squeeze them together, wouldn't that cause the male piece to snap off?

#71121 - 14/08/04 07:57 PM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Anonymous
Unregistered

The idea is to try to find the hole in the belt where the original one was. It's easier to get the two mating parts together. You can actually press them together with your fingers enough to make them stay in place. At that point, yes you do want to squash the pointy end once it's completely through the female piece, that ensures that it doesn't come out again.

#71122 - 18/08/04 08:47 PM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Anonymous
Unregistered

xterraparts.com has the button for like 1.70, skip the dealer next time and grab a couple from them.

#71123 - 19/08/04 08:34 AM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
Anonymous
Unregistered

I saw the buttons already on xterrapart.com, but they are about $2.00 each and then you still have to pay shipping. So anyway, I did go to the dealer and they did put in the button at no cost. Got my money back for the set I already bought and had a McDonald's breakfast meal. Thanks for all of the input, guys. BTW, jthibault71, it does look like the dealer just squashed the pointed end.

#71124 - 19/08/04 01:02 PM Re: Seat Belt PushPin Stopper
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
Lost mine somewhere, didn't even occur to me to ask for a replacement. Found a thick plastic button and used a plastic pop rivit through the same hole.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal