Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71902 - 06/09/04 01:19 PM safari basket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know a weight limit in pounds for the safari basket from nissan? Local guy is selling his for 40.00 including mounts and stretch net. It honestly doesnt look that strong. I would love a load warrior but for something I would only use 3-4 times a year the price is kinda steep for me.

#71903 - 06/09/04 02:05 PM Re: safari basket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulcher-X:
Does anyone know a weight limit in pounds for the safari basket from nissan? Local guy is selling his for 40.00 including mounts and stretch net. It honestly doesnt look that strong. I would love a load warrior but for something I would only use 3-4 times a year the price is kinda steep for me.
I don't know what it holds,but it did'nt look strong enough for my use,so I found this rack ,and it's aluminum and powdercoated and and it was only $170.I don't know how much that load warrior is,but I was happy with this one and the price.

#71904 - 06/09/04 03:14 PM Re: safari basket
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Most racks are limited to the 225 lbs our roof racks will hold

#71905 - 06/09/04 03:21 PM Re: safari basket
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
My rack says 125 lbs capacity frown

Is there a full length rack available for our trucks btw? Like those Land Rover ones?

#71906 - 06/09/04 03:55 PM Re: safari basket
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
Is there a full length rack available for our trucks btw? Like those Land Rover ones?
Trivia for the day: The LR ones are upwards of $1200.00.

Calmini has one for much less - http://www.purenissan.com/roof_rack.htm

#71907 - 06/09/04 04:05 PM Re: safari basket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RI Xterra:
Most racks are limited to the 225 lbs our roof racks will hold
Not sure about that one man. I work for a company that is the #1 Thule roof rack Dealer in the US and I know my racks (no pun intended).

Most racks average around 150 lbs by the manufacturers recommendations. Some are above and some below, but not many.

#71908 - 06/09/04 04:09 PM Re: safari basket
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
Quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
[b]Is there a full length rack available for our trucks btw? Like those Land Rover ones?
Trivia for the day: The LR ones are upwards of $1200.00.

Calmini has one for much less - http://www.purenissan.com/roof_rack.htm [/b]
I second the Calmini rack. It's solid, looks good (similar to the Land Rover racks, but it doesn't have to rain-gutter mount, which is impossible on the Xterra -- no rain gutters), it will bolt onto the factory points, has mounting lights (with internal wiring, for a sleek install), plus it's Calmini.

Check with Calmini for weight capacity. Many times the capacity is set my the bar strength and the ability of the roof to hold the weight without flexing too much.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal