2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#74621 - 10/06/06 01:37 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by winterules:
Hi I just received my ScanGauge 11 today it works and looks great , I did have to buy some more Velcro as I forgot to clean off my greased plastic ( Armor All) thus the supplied Velcro would not stick. I'm not good with pictures but I already love this new toy . You can match the back light color exactly to the stock gauge colour thus it looks original .
where did you end up mounting it? I just got mine today and I'm torn between two locations.

Would be great if anyone w/ a new gen and the ScanGauge II could post pictures of theirs. Thx.

#74622 - 11/06/06 09:57 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Update,

After all these months, I don't think I can live without my ScanGauge for very long; but I've decided that I must (for a little while).

I'm putting the old one on Ebay and spending the extra cash to buy the new version. I'll post pictures as soon as I have it.

Adrian

#74623 - 11/06/06 11:30 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can someone give me an idea of how long it takes to get one into Canada?

I ordered it 10 days ago and no sign yet. Must be stuck at the border with those customs agents putting it through its paces.

(Only one or two responses are fine - I don't want to start this into another age thread.)

Also the reply above - was mentioned it does not display fuel pressure - and the old one did. It was not clear - did that work on the Nissans?

#74624 - 11/06/06 11:57 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

I fiddled around w/ mounting it on various locations but in my opinion, this was the best place in the new gen X.

It really is a great little gadget. [ThumbsUp]

..during the day...

..and at night (sorry for the blurry shot).

#74625 - 12/06/06 05:58 AM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Adrian:
Update,

After all these months, I don't think I can live without my ScanGauge for very long; but I've decided that I must (for a little while).

I'm putting the old one on Ebay and spending the extra cash to buy the new version. I'll post pictures as soon as I have it.

Adrian
Yeah, I sold mine and am eagerly awaiting my new one to come in. I'm looking for a new place to put it, too, since the old one was rather large and looked fine underneat the A/C controls.

#74626 - 12/06/06 11:56 AM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

It took about 2 weeks for me to receive my ScanGauge shipping to the Toronto area , I'll try and link a picture of the install if I can but I mounted it with the Velcro under the bottom of the dash in front of the shifter , holds great and you can't see the wire .

#74627 - 13/06/06 03:01 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

just ordered one, excited to get it...

#74628 - 13/06/06 03:36 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

alright questions for people who have the II gen. how fast can you see your miles till empty and things like that..i know it shows the 4 things but how doy ou check the others like miles to empty and gallons used

#74629 - 13/06/06 05:11 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

When you're on the Gauge screen, you just hit the "Trip" button and you can cycle through all that stuff. It's quick and easy.

#74630 - 13/06/06 05:15 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just saved by my Scan Gauge today.
I was on a trip, a hundred something miles from home, when my "service engine soon" light came on.

This was in my year old 2005 X.

Great. Do I ignore it and drive home? Do I check it out immediately? Do I stress out about it?
Nope - Scan Gauge showed Code P0455. There was a Nissan dealer near by. I asked the girl at the service desk if they could tell me what the code meant. I heard a stressed sounding mechanic say "we can't take him right now". Service girl said - "no no no - can you just look up code P0455 and tell me what it means?"
He could handle that apparently - Turns out it was just the stupid loose gas cap thing.
I just reseated the gas cap, cleared the code with the scan gauge (maybe it would have cleared on it's own), and went on my way.
COOL!!!

Without the scan gauge, i would have waited around that dealership for hours just to find it was a loose gas cap, or drove 2 hours home learing at the "service engine soon", wondering what the heck was wrong and leary of impending doom.

#74631 - 13/06/06 05:39 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know of a link where we could download a list of all the codes for the next gen thus we can keep it in the X .

#74632 - 13/06/06 08:30 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by winterules:
Does anyone know of a link where we could download a list of all the codes for the next gen thus we can keep it in the X .
OBD-II Codes

i think this might be a list...

#74633 - 13/06/06 08:43 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

P0455 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak)

HaHa - This is gross - is there a friendlier list that says "gas cap is loose"? :rolleyes:

Also found this http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2/

#74634 - 13/06/06 08:53 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
...Also the reply above - was mentioned it does not display fuel pressure - and the old one did. It was not clear - did that work on the Nissans?[/QB]
I don't believe that feature ever worked on our trucks (I'm out of state right now so I can't check for sure). Maybe they changed the software to automatically hide all the features that are NOT reported by the truck's computer.

#74635 - 13/06/06 09:11 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SE4X4:
P0455 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak)

HaHa - This is gross - is there a friendlier list that says "gas cap is loose"? :rolleyes:

Also found this http://www.troublecodes.net/OBD2/
lol seriously, if i read that i would never think it meant the gas cap was loose

#74636 - 14/06/06 02:01 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Quote:
...Also the reply above - was mentioned it does not display fuel pressure - and the old one did. It was not clear - did that work on the Nissans?
I don't believe that feature ever worked on our trucks (I'm out of state right now so I can't check for sure). Maybe they changed the software to automatically hide all the features that are NOT reported by the truck's computer.[/QB]
Fuel pressure was supported on the original SG, but the Nissan PCM (like many other PCM's) doesn't support fuel pressure, so I think this was simply dropped in the SG2. The SG2 won't automatically hide non-supported gauges, it will just display an empty reading for that particular sensor.

#74637 - 18/06/06 10:47 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
...Also the reply above - was mentioned it does not display fuel pressure - and the old one did. It was not clear - did that work on the Nissans?
I don't believe that feature ever worked on our trucks (I'm out of state right now so I can't check for sure). Maybe they changed the software to automatically hide all the features that are NOT reported by the truck's computer.[/b]
Fuel pressure was supported on the original SG, but the Nissan PCM (like many other PCM's) doesn't support fuel pressure, so I think this was simply dropped in the SG2. The SG2 won't automatically hide non-supported gauges, it will just display an empty reading for that particular sensor.[/QB]
Cool. Thanks for the clarification. I don't mind the missing feature as I will not be able to take advantage of it anyway.

I am, however, looking forward to receiving the new unit. I have to send off the original one tomorrow (sold it on eBay) and will be without a Scangauge on my next road trip. Hopefully I get the new one soon.

#74638 - 19/06/06 06:57 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

got mine in the mail today, looks great and I have only been able to scratch the surface of the potential of it. I mounted mine on top of the steering wheel column thing. will post pics later...

#74639 - 21/06/06 12:48 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
I have to send off the original one tomorrow (sold it on eBay)
How much did you get for it?

#74640 - 28/06/06 02:58 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

What prices are you guys getting on the new versions of the scangauge? Is $160-170 the best people have found?

#74641 - 28/06/06 03:50 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just ordered mine.. My SES light is on and is bothering me.. and no one on this island has a scan tool for sale.. I got mine for about 170 Shipped which is fine with me, considering it is $120 for a dealer to read trouble codes and tell me whats wrong..

#74642 - 28/06/06 04:09 PM Re: ScanGauge Automotive Computer $130
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah the best you will find is around $160 for the new one, atleast thats what i found when i got mine.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal