Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75307 - 26/10/02 07:51 PM See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Finally, this see-through roof wind deflector kit is ready for sale! The good news is I have 5 kits ready to ship out to owners of 2000 - 2003 Frontier/Xterra owners (yes it fits the new style wind deflectors) who want to take full advanage of their sunroofs. The bad news is my supplier upped his price $10 due to unusable material leftover from the main Lexan sheet, so unfortunately I will have to pass on the increase. frown

So to be fair, I am starting the sale of these kits TODAY so the interested people who emailed me may reassess if they still want the kit or not (I won't hold them to anything). So the new price of the kit will be $75 plus ACTUAL shipping costs (via UPS, USPS, etc), and I'll accept money orders, bank checks, and personal checks (kit shipped when check clears). I'll also be offering these kits on ebay in the very near future (but at a higher price). Again I want to state that the UV resistant Lexan used for this modification is 3/16" smoke grey, and the kit includes (12) stainless steel fasteners/nylon lock nuts and instructions. Please send me a PM or email me if you're interested. Once the first batch sells out, I can reorder as many more as I like (1 week turn around). Here are some pic's of the kit, as well as what it looks like installed:

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=134357

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=128713

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=128716

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75308 - 26/10/02 11:19 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
JerseyX Offline

Loc: Manchester Twp. NJ
Looks like it is very well made. I like it...but it's a damn shame i don't have a sunroof. laugh

#75309 - 27/10/02 05:34 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Alpine Hoy Offline

Loc: Steelers Country
I like these. I'd like to see one on a 2002 X to see what it looks like. Thanks. Scott

#75310 - 27/10/02 09:10 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
I don't have a sunroof either so it doesn't really affect me, but come on man, $75? You need to find another supplier. I purchased Lexan for my business in Hawaii where they have to import it and I never payed that much.

#75311 - 28/10/02 05:02 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrian:
I don't have a sunroof either so it doesn't really affect me, but come on man, $75? You need to find another supplier. I purchased Lexan for my business in Hawaii where they have to import it and I never payed that much.
It costs me $57.75 for the cut/routered/pre-drilled 3/16" Lexan (I don't cut it, a plastic design company does), $3.17 for the stainless steel fasteners, and about $5.50 for the custom sized shipping container (38"x13"x1 1/2"), for a grand total of $66.42 for each kit (profit of $8.58 each). I have so far invested about $100 into two prototypes, and I'll consider myself lucky if I break even. If you feel you can do better, then be my guest.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75312 - 28/10/02 05:52 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
XterraDiver Offline

Loc: Monterey, CA
Sounds like a reasonable price to me. I would even pay $100 if I had a sunroof. If Nissan had designed a sunroof that motored/slid/poped out of the way, I would have one installed.

#75313 - 28/10/02 02:32 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
XTC Terra Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
I want one. How?

#75314 - 01/11/02 02:42 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
rho123 Offline

Loc: Bay Area
I'm interested, but can you accept paypal?

#75315 - 03/11/02 05:41 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

All,

Sorry, I don't take PayPal, but I do accept money orders, bank checks and personal checks (item shipped when check clears). Anyone who is interested can send me an email at "sqandbh@att.net". Thanks for expressing interest.

Sean

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75316 - 03/11/02 04:49 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Ag Bullet Offline

Loc: Garner, NC
Sean,

I saw you are offering this for the Frontier on e-bay. Just an FYI, the farings are different sizes on the Frontiers. They are not as tall as they on the X. Kanda did my mod for me on my Frontier and told me that his jigs didn't fit and that he used a smaller piece of plexi than he would on an X. Just thought I would throw that out there before your acution gets bids...
My Ride
Most of the world's problems can be solved with blunt head traumas.

#75317 - 04/11/02 07:13 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Ag Bullet,

The jig is easily converted to the "shorter" Frontier deflector (by about 3"). I'm seriously considering droping the Frontier kit mostly due to fact I've had no responses for it. Thanks for the heads up though.

Sean

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75318 - 05/11/02 03:55 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Ag Bullet Offline

Nio problem. Feel free to join our board and post info in the FS forum...
My Ride

#75319 - 05/11/02 05:55 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
I don't have Sean's mod, I bought a sheet from Thor a loooooong ago. I can say however, if you have a sunroof you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for not doing this mod sooner. The difference in view, sunlight, and overall coolness is staggering. $75 is well worth the money. I cut one myself, drilled it, etc, and the work wasn't easy. To get one that is factory cut, smoothed, and pre-drilled will save you at least 2 hours of painstaking work with a dremmel tool.

Do it.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#75320 - 08/11/02 06:27 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

***UPDATE FOR SEE-THRU DEFLECTOR KIT***

I am no longer offering the See-Thru Deflector kit for the FRONTIER (due to low demand). frown

This kit is now offered ONLY for 2000-2003 Xterra's. I have now set up an account with FedEx Ground (5 day delivery), and I'm currently setting up a PayPal account, able to accept payments by 11/15 payable to "sqandbh@att.net" (I still accept money orders, bank checks, and personal checks). The price per kit is still $75 and the shipping will now be $10 for shipment to the lower 48 states. By the way, I just received another shipment of 7 pieces, so get them while their hot! Thanks to all who expressed interest.

[Wave]

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75321 - 09/11/02 05:10 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Ag Bullet Offline

Sean

I know there are some folks on the Frontier board interested in the mod. I am not gonna market it for you and maybe it is too much trouble to handle two products right away. Having said that, if you ever want to join our board at www.nissanfrontier.net and make some posts, I am sure you will get some interest. Just my two cents as I don't want you to sell yourself short...
My Ride

#75322 - 10/11/02 05:53 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Ag Bullet,

Thanks for the invite to your board, but until I can think of a way to keep costs down by offering the two deflectors, I'll only be offering the kit for the 2000-2003 Xterra's. The problem is how many deflectors can be cut from the Lexan sheet. Currently 7 Xterra deflectors can be had from a sheet of Lexan with little waste. Throw the different size Frontier deflector in the mix and less deflectors are cut from the Lexan, thus more left-over waste, thus higher cost. The only way I could still offer the two different size deflectors would be to "cut" a whole sheet with just Frontier deflectors, but I've only heard of one response. So I'll stick to the Xterra deflectors for now. Thanks again for your offer to sell on your board.

Sean

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75323 - 10/11/02 06:42 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Ag Bullet Offline

No problem. Good luck with them. They certainly make either truck more enjoyable...
My Ride

#75324 - 11/11/02 06:10 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Xterradon Offline

Loc: Franklin Park, NJ
Is there any increase in wind noise? Whistling?

#75325 - 11/11/02 07:36 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Just so everyone here knows... Sean’s X is super clean. I mean it's so clean, I think he actually waxes under the hood and wipes it down with a diaper laugh .

The point is... if it's on his truck, it has to look good. Buy one!

Sean- UNO's in Woburn for a beer on Thursday? Bring one of those Deflectors to.

#75326 - 12/11/02 08:08 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
TD17 Offline

Loc: Monterey, CA
Sean's kit is very highly recommended. I received the kit in less than a week, and installed it this weekend. WOW, what a difference. The lexan is cut and milled very well, and the installation instructions were great. A little work with a Dremmel/skil saw and it was done in less than an hour. Thanks again Sean.

#75327 - 12/11/02 09:10 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradon:
None at all. Trust me, it's well worth the cash. smile

#75328 - 12/11/02 02:29 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterradon:

No difference what so ever in wind noise. If anything the deflector seems more stable at highway speeds.

Sean

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75329 - 12/11/02 02:35 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by stormy:

Just so everyone here knows... Sean’s X is super clean. I mean it's so clean, I think he actually waxes under the hood and wipes it down with a diaper laugh .

The point is... if it's on his truck, it has to look good. Buy one!

Sean- UNO's in Woburn for a beer on Thursday? Bring one of those Deflectors to.
How did you know I used a diaper? Damn, the secrets out! laugh

I can't make it this Thursday. The wife has classes on Tuesday & Thursday nights, so I have to stay home with my son. frown

How about this Friday? If so, I'll remember to bring a deflector kit.

By the way, did you upgrade your subwoofer yet?

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75330 - 12/11/02 02:40 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
I can do Friday... Say 6:30?

#75331 - 12/11/02 02:42 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TD17:

Sean's kit is very highly recommended. I received the kit in less than a week, and installed it this weekend. WOW, what a difference. The lexan is cut and milled very well, and the installation instructions were great. A little work with a Dremmel/skil saw and it was done in less than an hour. Thanks again Sean.
And thank you to everyone who's expressed interest in, or bought my deflector kit. I wouldn't even dream of selling a part for the Xterra if I didn't have one installed myself.

[Wave]

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal