Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75357 - 07/02/03 08:38 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
njs1stlt Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Xtreemly Happy with it, I've been stopped while driving and asked where to get one, I also had alot of sales personnel out looking at it while I was at Greggs Restaurant across from the Nissan joint in Warwick RI. Should have some folks comming your way Sean :-) laugh

#75358 - 08/02/03 08:45 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
bigwood Offline

Loc: Medford NY
Just sent you the money for mine via paypal. Let me know when its gonna ship out. [Smoking]

#75359 - 25/02/03 06:55 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
XtremeX Offline

Loc: Springfield,VA,USA
Sean,

I'll be ordering mine tonight, via paypal. I think I can speak for many of us when I say "thank you for a job well done". I look forward to doing business with you. laugh

#75360 - 28/02/03 07:04 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Charles S Offline

Loc: Texarkana
My kit arrived today. I have alreay installed it smile . It took my about 1 hour for the install. The kit is great. I am very impressed with the fit and finish. I would highly recomend it to anyone interested. It has been a pleasure doing business.

Charles
If one courageously confronts a formidable opponent and is ultimately overpowered it is unfortunate....It is far less understandable and certainly less forgivable when one losses a fight he should have won, simply because he carelessly allowed himself to be taken by surprise. John Farnam

#75361 - 02/03/03 07:45 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
mikegronholz Offline

Loc: DC Metro
Sean,
You got PayPal from me !!!

Mike

#75362 - 05/03/03 07:24 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
00Xterra Offline

Sean,
I recieved my deflector kit last night and installed it in about an hour. The fit is perfect - having all that light is great. I highly recommend the kit. Thanks again -00Xterra

#75363 - 05/03/03 10:21 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
tucka Offline

Loc: SE Idaho
Sean,
I finally got a chance to install my kit. Installation was easy, and it looks great. Lots more light. Thanks a lot-tucka wink

#75364 - 05/03/03 01:06 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
erikwm Offline

So what do you cut the hole with......and anyway you could email me directions so i can see how hard this is...i love the idea!

erik_21@yahoo.com

Thanks

#75365 - 06/03/03 12:43 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
tucka Offline

Loc: SE Idaho
I just cut the whole with a jigsaw, then cleaned up the edges with a file. There are probably better ways, but it seemed to work fine.

tucka

#75366 - 07/03/03 03:41 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
mikegronholz Offline

Loc: DC Metro
I did mine same as tucka...jigsaw. Worked great and made a HUGE difference. Also, as it turned out, I ordered it last weekend, and it was here Thursday by 10am !!! Took about an hour to cut the stuff apart. The only mod I think I'm going to make is putting a small bead of black silicone on the part of the lexan that touches the plastic. I'm thinking this will keep the road dirt/water from creeping under the lexan. Anyway, Sean's kit is perfect !!!

Mike

#75367 - 09/03/03 12:50 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
azdaren Offline

Loc: Phoenix
Hi There,

Just got home from a business trip and the first thing I did was install my deflector that Sean shipped quickly, thank you. Installation was simple. I think I could have done a better job on the edges of the cut out but it was the first time using my dremel ( a little tedious). Sean's directions were perfect. I would highly reccommend this kit.

Daren

#75368 - 13/03/03 12:48 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
xterran01 Offline

Loc: Houston
Looks like a real nice add-on, guys. My suggestion - if you use a jigsaw to cut the wind deflector,
1) use a fine tooth blade at medium speed - may keep you from having to do a lot of edge cleanup work and
2) put some masking tape on the underside of the blade table - that way you won't scuff up the remaining edges of the plastic as you move the saw. If you all already knew this, please accept my apologies for stating the obvious... [LOL]

#75369 - 13/03/03 06:36 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
kstile Offline

I have to second everything azdaren said. It looks great, and the instructions were dead on. Thanks Sean!!!

#75370 - 14/03/03 06:47 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Xwoman Offline

Loc: IL
Put the deflector on last week. It was easy and it looks sooo cool! If you have a sunroof you'll want one of these. Thanks Sean for putting it all together. This thing rocks.

Does anyone else in Illinois have one of these or am I the only one?

#75371 - 18/03/03 09:22 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
xterran01 Offline

Loc: Houston
Has anybody had one of these things on long enough to get a feel for how they stand up to scratches and scuffs, like from windblown sand or carwashes, etc.?

#75372 - 18/03/03 09:33 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
I've had mine for two Minnesota winters and after a wash and sqeegie, it still looks brand new. After you do this mod, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner. I have no idea where my soft gray "sunroof cover" is anymore... probably in the garage somewhere.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#75373 - 18/03/03 09:36 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
njs1stlt Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I've had mine in all of the elements including the heavy sanding and salting of the roads up here and have not had an issue. Remember this is not plexi-glass it is Lexan, which holds up to these conditions far better than plexiglass.

#75374 - 20/03/03 11:41 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
rubbus Offline

Loc: Waltham MA, USA
I've had Sean's Lexan wind deflector for a few months now and it is GREAT!

I take it through the car wash with no problems.

It was really easy to install- I used a Dremel tool (make sure you have a corded one- not the cordless. Cordless is not strong enough.)

Sean was great to deal with. I highly recommend this kit!

-ROb

#75375 - 21/03/03 07:15 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Just installed the kit, thanks Sean. I'm no artist with the Dremel saw that's for sure!! Didn't come out as straight as I would like but it's hard to see anyways.

#75376 - 29/03/03 03:43 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
rasj Offline

Loc: 34 53° N and 82 13° W - 875 ft...
I ordered the kit on the 26th. It arrived today laugh Thanks Sean!

After installing it, I find myself asking why I didn't do it sooner. Nissan should offer the see through deflector as standard issue. What a difference! Installation couldn't have been easier. Just make sure to take your time with the cutting and it should look great.
One word of caution though. When tightening the lock nuts, don't put too much on them or the bolts will snap in two. eek I broke the first one off and I didn't feel like i was putting too much into it [Freak] . Nevertheless, if you do manage to snap one, replacements are easy enough to get. No worries.

Thanks Sean for a great mod kit. Well worth the $$ to not have to look for tinted lexan around here, and then cut it myself.

rasj

#75377 - 29/03/03 08:04 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by rasj:

When tightening the lock nuts, don't put too much on them or the bolts will snap in two. eek I broke the first one off and I didn't feel like i was putting too much into it [Freak]
Do you work out like 7 days a week? eek

Those machine screws are made of stainless steel! I knew Lexan was tough, but I would've thought that the new deflector piece would have cracked before the screw broke!

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75378 - 30/03/03 05:42 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
rasj Offline

Loc: 34 53° N and 82 13° W - 875 ft...
QUOTE]Do you work out like 7 days a week? eek

Those machine screws are made of stainless steel! I knew Lexan was tough, but I would've thought that the new deflector piece would have cracked before the screw broke![/QB][/QUOTE

Maybe I got screw from a bad batch then confused . The first one I installed broke pretty easy. It wasn't even completely "tight" either. I was not trying to tighten it too much for fear of breaking the lexan, but the nut never hit the "stopping point", it just snapped off. [Freak]

I went to the hardware store and grabbed a handful of replacements after that, just in case, but none of the others broke so all is well.
smile

#75379 - 30/03/03 05:35 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by rasj:

I went to the hardware store and grabbed a handful of replacements after that, just in case, but none of the others broke so all is well.
smile
Just let me know if you want a couple free replacement screws. I'd be more than happy to send you some.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75380 - 02/04/03 06:24 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
DueNorth Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I received the kit and the installation was relatively straight forward. The packaging is great and instructions straight forward (no images though).

You do need some skills to make good straight cuts with a dremel. I think my cuts were just OK. The lower cut is a bit tricky since there are plastic support columns behind it.

When screwing you might want to start with one side and work your way to the other side. The holes shifted a bit since marking (maybe because of the shifting of the plastic after the hole is cut) or somehow I marked it wrong.

Just wondering though, where could you get black rubber caps to hide the screw head? Right now you get more of a A-team look with all the exposed screw heads. I would like to hide them.

Overall, it is a good kit though the final quality of installation is based on your quality on making the cuts. Thanks Sean.

#75381 - 02/04/03 07:14 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
You could take the screws out and paint the heads black or try the hardware store they might have some black screws.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal