Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76829 - 12/07/04 09:04 AM Calmini Shackles missing parts
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Well, I tried doing a search for this with little/no luck.

I ordered a set of Calmini Shackles a few weeks back.

Well, we go to put them on yesterday and discover they shipped them without the nuts/washers. They had the bolts, but no nuts/washers. TremorX ran me down to the hardware store while XterrAZ continued to pull the old ones off. Found a set and XterrAZ finish throwing them on in seconds (with his air wrench).

I call Calmini up this morning and the first guy I talk with acts like he doesn't know what a nut/washer is so he transfers me. The next guy was more concerned about where I ordered them from and not that their product was shipped missing parts (I ordered them through xterraparts.com). I had to keep telling him that I wasn't calling for a refund of the nuts/washers ($1.28 total), but that I just wanted to make them aware of the defect and that it was still their product no matter where I ordered them from. He still did not get it and was a bit of an asshole. So Calmini get a [ThumbsDown] in customer service from me.

So to my questions. Has anyone else had a set of Calmini Shackles sent missing parts. I'm just not sure if it was a odd event or a common thing. DBax swears by them and I've heard great things about them as well. Maybe it was just a one time thing and I was the lucky one.

#76830 - 12/07/04 09:07 AM Re: Calmini Shackles missing parts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Makes me think maybe I should go look in the boxes containing my lift and steering, to see if everything is there.

#76831 - 12/07/04 12:41 PM Re: Calmini Shackles missing parts
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Probably just an oversight when packing them. Don't sweat it...

#76832 - 24/07/04 08:50 PM Re: Calmini Shackles missing parts
ShipRekd1 Offline

an oversight..no just idiots over there.

I ordered a set of shackles for my buddies 03 frontier. when i called i said hey i need a set of shackles for an 03 frontier. they shipped them to me but they sent the wrong size hardware and sleeves. Called them to tell them that and they said something like - hey if you dont tell us what year your vehicle is, then you wont always get the correct parts. then something about the frontier using different size hardware for 03 and newer.

I said hey when I ordered them with XXXXX at your company i told him 03 frontier, and even if I did not tell him, why didn't he ask? he is the one who knows what year they changed sizes...not me.

Well he had no answer to that!!!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal