Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#81006 - 14/04/02 07:07 PM Cargo Basket Net
zowman Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Just received my cargo basket net from Trophy Nissan (excellent internet service and low accessory prices!) in Texas. Much to my surprise, the tie hooks don't fit through the air dam. I have a 2002 XE only two weeks new. After reading through this site, the air dam changed from 2001 to 2002. Seems like no one checked this out. Anyway, are there any suggestions??

Zowman
2002 XE
Lehigh Valley, PA

2002 XE (Looking at 2011's - 02 going to kid!!)

#81007 - 14/04/02 07:25 PM Re: Cargo Basket Net
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
I know it's kinda late already, but Courtesy Nissan ( xterraparts.com ) says on their website that the cargo net isnt ready yet for 2002.

Click here for details at xterraparts.com on why the net is not for 2002

Your option is to sell/return your net and wait for the 2002 net to come out.

However, I have a 2001, and I have been looking for a net for my gear basket. How much do you want for yours?

BTW, welcome to the club! laugh

#81008 - 14/04/02 08:33 PM Re: Cargo Basket Net
Miikkaa Offline

Loc: Central New Jersey, United Sta...
Hei zowman,

I'm in the wait also so until then congratulations on your new truck and welcome aboard.

Michael AKA Miikkaa

Earth people suck.

#81009 - 14/04/02 09:02 PM Re: Cargo Basket Net
Dayspring Offline

Loc: Greenwood IN
If you don't want the net, let me know. I'm in the hunt for one.

#81010 - 15/04/02 06:21 PM Re: Cargo Basket Net
zowman Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Thanks for the response so far. Sorry, but I intend on keeping it. The only reason it doesn't work is just two hooks. I hope with a little ingenunity, I will figure out a solution to overcome the problem. However, I am still up for any suggestions.

Thanks All!!! I really appreciate it.

Zowman
2002 X -- Molten Lava
Lehigh Valley, PA

2002 XE (Looking at 2011's - 02 going to kid!!)

#81011 - 15/04/02 07:18 PM Re: Cargo Basket Net
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
Originally posted by zowman:
Just received my cargo basket net from Trophy Nissan (excellent internet service and low accessory prices!) in Texas. Much to my surprise, the tie hooks don't fit through the air dam. I have a 2002 XE only two weeks new. After reading through this site, the air dam changed from 2001 to 2002. Seems like no one checked this out. Anyway, are there any suggestions??

Zowman
2002 XE
Lehigh Valley, PA
Not suprizing that they did not even do the research to see if the part would fit before selling it to you.

Yet another reason I hate trophy nissan.. being from Dallas I am well aware of their "customer service" They are (for the most part) snakes in the grass. :rolleyes: They may be cheaper (by a few cents) but what good is the part if it does not fit?? By the way.. I see that they have a listing for a 1999 Xterra [Huh?]

Xterraparts has had the info about that net not fitting the 2002 on their site for over two months.

#81012 - 15/04/02 07:30 PM Re: Cargo Basket Net
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
The bolts needed should be M6 with 1.0 pitch.. I'm guessing you'll need around 25cm ( 1" ) length..

#81013 - 26/04/02 07:32 AM Re: Cargo Basket Net
CDXX Offline

Loc: Beverly, MA
I'd return it and get your money back. I was going to get one last year but when I looked at how it attached in the back (down in the basket) it looked as if it used up a lot of the useable space. Instead, I got a large (12" x 30" I think) mesh duffle for about $10 from the local sports shop. I now just put all of our wet kayaking or beach stuff into the duffle and throw it up into the basket all at once. I hold it down with 2 criss-crossing bungees. Life vests can be laid flat and held in place under the duffle as well. I've done this with no problems including multi-hour highway trips. If the net is what you want (& you don't want to wait) get the longer bolts that xcanuk mentions at the local hardware store and send the 2 useless tie hooks back with a request that they send you 2 new ones as soon as they are produced!

#81014 - 02/06/02 11:38 AM Re: Cargo Basket Net
SpenceJT Offline

Loc: Madison WI
Nice! I had received my net two weeks ago and only got around to installing it today.

I had no idea that it wasn't ready for 2002 models until I did a search after not being able to install the blts into the wind deflector!

The fucking instructions say 2000-up!

How long does it take a company to come up with a couple of special bolts!

#81015 - 07/07/02 12:21 AM Re: Cargo Basket Net
Cal_gold_rush Offline

Loc: Orange, Ca
Hi everybody,
this is my first post on a topic that brought me to these forums. I bought a gear basket net today and was dissapointed to find that the two front hook-bolts weren't long enough to attach through the front airfoil on my '02. What I ended up doing was replacing the the two original bolts, leaving a gap between the bolt-head and the airfoil wide enough to to hook the front loops around. I then tightened them a little more to snug. This seems to work but, I haven't tested it yet. I figured I'd give it a try- checking the front bolts on my many gas stops on the way to Big Sur. Has anyone tried this- or think it's a bad idea? Has anyone heard if Nissan make the proper bolts available without having to buy a new net?
Thanks
mezajt@earthlink.net

#81016 - 08/07/02 08:51 AM Re: Cargo Basket Net
OBEYgiant Offline

Loc: Broward County, FL
FYI, concerning the cargo net for the 2002. Here is what Xterraparts.com had to say:

Hi,
Last word we had on release date. Late July or early August. Watch our
site
for availability. No price yet.

Thanks
Rodger

A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz.
--Humphrey Bogart

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal