Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#83976 - 02/11/05 12:56 PM Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spoken to people about them and im confused. I spoke to a retailer in town and i have to get the lowrider clamps (4) and then bars. I want the whole thing that some people have on this board. I is square like and want to know how they like and how they purchased it.
Thanks
Nick

#83977 - 02/11/05 01:15 PM Re: Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would not go to that dealer. The yakima rack mounts directly to the factory crossbars using mighty mounts. Heres an excerpt from their site www.yakima.com. This is what it says about the X

Warriors install directly to factory rack

After extensive research and testing, your vehicles factory rack has been approved to safely and securely carry our MegaWarrior and/or LoadWarrior System directly on your factory rack. Do not exceed your vehicles rack weight limit.
Copyright © 1998 Yakima Products

Do some research online at their site, and call them if you have specific questions, they are great to work with. Dont let the dealer sell you crap you dont need.... The only way you need the lowrider clamps and bars is if you have no rack crossmembers...

Heres a quick pic

#83978 - 02/11/05 01:37 PM Re: Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are a few online dealers such rackwarehouse.com and others that sell the load warrior much cheaper. Just try a search.

#83979 - 02/11/05 01:50 PM Re: Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't know where you're located (other than Earth) but if you can't find a screaming deal somewhere on the loadwarrior, you may want to try REI. If you're a member, you get a percentage of everything you spend there in the form of an annual dividend check. Since the rack is a pretty high ticket item, you might be better off getting like $30 back at the end of the year versus $10 off up front.

Worked out better for me that way, anyway. Just something to think about.

I have the loadwarrior with the center basket extension and love it. I did, however, add a third X crossbar and ordered two additional Yak mounting brackets so I'd have a total of six mounting points instead of four for extra stability.

#83980 - 02/11/05 02:02 PM Re: Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you post a couple pics to show how it looks with the extension peice and is the front basket still usable.

#83981 - 02/11/05 02:53 PM Re: Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, boss is gone so I ran downstairs and snapped a few pics.

I never had a front basket. My X came with the sunroof and if a basket came with the truck originally, it wasn't on there when I got it.

#83982 - 02/11/05 04:11 PM Re: Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look someone stole your Hilift!!!!!! [Freak] [Freak]

#83983 - 02/11/05 05:29 PM Re: Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the pics.

#83984 - 02/11/05 08:31 PM Re: Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 2005 and have the same set up as Bobby B.
3 Nissan cross bars with an extra set of Yakima mount brackets for the load warrior. A load warrior with the extension piece with a crossbar for the load warrior itself.
I say mount brackets because I do not believe that the load warrior needs mighty mounts as indicated in AndrewH post. I would also order a set of Yakima Locking Brackets with cores. That would give you 6 mount points on 3 cross bars with two of them being lockable. These can all be ordered from yakima.com(I did) Add others toys as desired.
Cheers

a LW w/ext will extend over the lockable Nissan storage basket or hang over the rear end. I opted to extend over the basket so I don't hit the rear door.

#83985 - 03/11/05 09:30 AM Re: Yakima Roof Rack
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can get the locking pieces or simply replace all of the quick release knobs with stainless nylock nuts and washers, which is what I did.

Problem then becomes, if someone wants to take the basket and has a brain in their head, they'll just use a torx driver and undo the six bolts holding the crossbars on.

To truly have the most theft-proof rack, you'd have to go with something like the Calmini rack, which bolts to the roof and replaces the entire factory tube rack.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal