Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#85130 - 29/12/04 06:08 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

yep..got the same one.

it says the same material all the way through the loops and has no markings. as you can see by the paper stuck with it, there is no brand name.

did we get screwed? i mean...$19.99 for a 3" x 30' strap seems pretty good....but i don't know much abou thtem.

#85131 - 29/12/04 09:37 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Yeah, thats a good price for a strap that size. But you paid for Procomp, not Jim Bobs 30K strap. smile

Thats what it should look like. I bought 2 and if mine were like what you got, I'd be giving them a call. But thats just me.... smile

#85132 - 30/12/04 04:27 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

email already sent. but then again, i sent them several emails when it was taking so long to get them....and never heard back. a call will be in order. and i won't be buying from them again.

#85133 - 30/12/04 08:27 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got off the phone with 4 Wheel Parts. I ordered the 3" by 30' strap. It is yellow with no markings. They say it is a Pro Comp strap and that it comes directly from them in bulk boxes that say Pro Comp all over them. Maybe some could check with Pro Comp if they have any doubts. They did offer to let me return it if wanted, but I think I'll keep it.

#85134 - 30/12/04 11:20 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
BurgPath Offline

Interesting. eek Well I suppose thats the case then, but I'm more of an untrusting soul. I'd contact Procomp myself.

#85135 - 30/12/04 11:56 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

does the leather binding on the loops buy you anything?

#85136 - 30/12/04 02:25 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
doxman Offline

Loc: Living in So Cal, moving to VA...
I ordered a 3" x 30' strap from this deal also, and just got it today. It is yellow, so I decided to call Pro Comp. The guy I spoke to said that it is NOT their product and that they've had numerous calls about it. He said that 4 Wheel Parts ordered all the straps Pro Comp had in stock and that they're (Pro Comp) supposed to get more in from Thailand next month. Seeing as how the tsunami hit Thailand pretty good that might be doubtful. It looks like 4 Wheel Parts is sending out non-Pro Comp straps out and trying to pass them off as the real thing. The sheet that came with mine mentioned the brand "Fiberlink", yet my receipt says Pro Comp. A classic bait and switch move, but I suspect that the only recourse is a refund of all money in full. I'll run it by the attorneys here at work (I work for a decent sized law firm).

EDITED TO ADD: A review by my fellow attorney buds is that it is a bait and switch, and that if we were so inclined 4 Wheel Parts is legally obligated to refund all monies and pay for damages incured as a result of this bait and switch. For example, the phony Pro Comp strap breaks at a point the real Pro Comp would not have broken and you lose your X, then you have a good lawsuit.

--Don

#85137 - 30/12/04 03:19 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, I got the yellow w/ the big rubberband on it, too.

Dissappointed it wasn't what was on the site but a decent strap for $30. It's still built pretty solid.

#85138 - 30/12/04 08:48 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
BurgPath Offline

Yeah, it likely no worse than the ones you'd buy at WalMart, cheaper too.

Its the principle though. You guys PAID for a Procomp, not a knock off.

I wonder if Procomp would/will call 4 Wheel Parts and tell them to stop claiming its their product?

#85139 - 31/12/04 07:36 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'd like to send an email to procomp myself....does anyone have their email address or phone number?

#85140 - 31/12/04 09:59 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
doxman Offline

Loc: Living in So Cal, moving to VA...
You'll find it HERE

#85141 - 31/12/04 02:07 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Wow...thats pretty bad...I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get one of the actual pro-comp straps but I dont know if I'll give 4 wheel parts my business again...who knows how many times they've done this...

#85142 - 31/12/04 03:06 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

thank you doxman.

now you guys have me paranoid that this strap isn't very good and i'll fall off a cliff like the coyote or something.

#85143 - 02/01/05 12:31 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got screwed too.

DO NOT stand for that shit. You order something, you deserve to get what you paid for. They fed me some BS about the strap being made by pro-comp and said it has a higher rating, but I dont care. I told them I was very displeased, and they sent a UPS call tag (they paid) to return the package. When the new shipments come in they will send me the strap I ordered. :rolleyes:

I think I will shop elsewhere from now on. [ThumbsDown]

#85144 - 02/01/05 11:15 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

here's a link to the product (at another website) that we received:

https://www.central4wd.com/store/itemdetail.asp?ID=1483

for $20, still seems like a good deal, but i am concerned that this company substitutes products when it wants.

i have sent a letter to procomp and to 4wheelparts.com . thank for everyone's help...

#85145 - 03/01/05 09:57 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got the procomp ones... came in the procomp box and all...

#85146 - 03/01/05 03:51 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I received this reply from Pro Comp indicating they do NOT make a yellow strap so now 4wheelparts is apparently LYING about their substitute product? It wasn't worth the $28 bucks for me to make a big deal out of it at first, but it might be now. too bad I threw out the box! [Uh Oh !]

"Good morning! I understand your frustration; we at Pro Comp do not offer a yellow tow strap & we have recently sold out of the inventory on the size you are referring to. I would recommend that you contact the place that you purchased the strap from & see what they can do about it. If I can be any further help please let me know.

Thank you,
Michael Stickney
Corporate Account Manager"

#85147 - 03/01/05 04:57 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just ordered one yesterday, I hope it’s the ProComp, but for $30 when there at least $60 anywhere else it should be ok if the substitute never breaks. Anyone ever use one of these yellow straps?

#85148 - 03/01/05 07:43 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

it's a fiberlink brand. a lot of other 4x4 places sell them as well..for about twice what i paid with shipping.

#85149 - 04/01/05 09:41 PM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
perna Offline

I ordered at the same time everyone else did and got the pro-comp strap, but anyone that didnt should get it replaced. I would not be satisfied with a yellow strap which might or might not be what they say it is. On top of that it is giving pro-comp a bad name, and they should have an even bigger issue with it.

#85150 - 05/01/05 11:09 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
UTJMAC Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
If anyone has an extra procomp (not yellow) they want to sell, please let me know.

Sorry everyone is having troubles with 4wheel parts.

John

#85151 - 06/01/05 12:52 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey guys i also ordered this strap from 4wheelparts the one I got is white but does not say procomp on it anywhere i can find, also it does not hav ethe leather covered ends? Is this a procomp strap or did I get a different fake procomp strap?thanks

PS. My first post YAHOOOOOOO

#85152 - 06/01/05 05:06 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Target74:
hey guys i also ordered this strap from 4wheelparts the one I got is white but does not say procomp on it anywhere i can find, also it does not hav ethe leather covered ends? Is this a procomp strap or did I get a different fake procomp strap?thanks

PS. My first post YAHOOOOOOO
Welcome to the club...
If the strap you got was a Procomp, it would be written on the strap. They are pretty proud of their straps (with good reason). You probably got another type of offbrand. May still be a good strong strap still, but not a Procomp.

#85153 - 06/01/05 05:12 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

target74....look at your receipt and see if it says 'fiberlink' on it anywhere.

hell, they may be substituting another 'not-procomp' strap now....

#85154 - 06/01/05 05:24 AM Re: Super deal on Pro Comp Tow Straps.
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry to keep beating this $30 horse but I sent 4wheelparts an email the other day stating my dissapointment on their 'bait and switch' sales tactics. It's ok to substitute if they aren't offering a specific BRAND item, but what they did was just poor business practice.

anyway, the next day I received a phone call (at work, no less) from someone at 4wheelparts who left a voicemail message and said that they did send the yellow one to me 'just in case I needed one for vacation or something' and that I was still on the list for the ProComp brand strap when they come back in to stock.

Now I'm SURE I never would have received another strap had I not said something to them, and I'm still have doubts that I'll ever get one in the mail from them, but it sounds like they know they got caught and are trying to cover for it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal