2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88873 - 03/11/06 01:31 PM shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

i ordered me a shrockworks bumper for my xterra from 4x4rockshop.com and they told me that shrockworks would make it and send it to me in less than 4 weeks. its been 3 weeks so i called shrockworks and they said it takes 4 weeks to make. if anyone else has ordered a bumper online i would love to know how long it took to get it!! thanks

#88874 - 03/11/06 01:41 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

It took me 10 weeks to get mine. Well worth the wait though.

#88875 - 03/11/06 01:46 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow. i definitely cant wait that long. haha

#88876 - 03/11/06 01:49 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, that's understandable. I believe the average wait is around 6 to 8 weeks though. I know Jim has been fairly busy lately, but maybe you could call him and see if he can do a rush job for you. He is real easy to talk to. It might be worth a shot.

#88877 - 03/11/06 02:14 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmm, slim chance you'll get anything from Jim in 4 weeks.

I waited close to 5 months for my rear bumper and skids. Close to 4 months for my front bumper and about 2 months for my sliders.

#88878 - 03/11/06 02:35 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I dont have any stuff from him yet but it now looks like he is supplying armor for every Nissan offroad vehicle in the U.S. and A. now (I just saw Borat). Not to mention some Jeeps, zukis and yotas. That's enough to keep him a bit busy.

In fact, since he is a very small fab opperation, and the huge volume of orders he is getting right now, I find that turn around time to be quite extraordinary. 4 weeks? I saw nice job Jim [ThumbsUp]

#88879 - 03/11/06 06:28 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

It took me about 8 weeks to get mine...

#88880 - 03/11/06 08:05 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA

Patience, my friend. Patience. laugh

#88881 - 03/11/06 08:06 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh okay well thanks yall. ill just have to wait it out and ride around without a front bumper on my xterra for a while. haha

#88882 - 04/11/06 07:53 AM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hm, I took economics back in college, and it seemed that it was at about this point when the supplier would seek additional capital to increase quantity supplied, as demand seems to warrant it.

Three things would likely happen in this case, a) as more parts hit the market, more potential profit could be realized, b) as more material was needed from the suppliers supplier, bulk prices could be more easily negotiated, and c) those cost savings could be passed on to the end customer.

The net effect would be a higher number of lower cost parts (of equal quality) which would turn otherwise casual interest in the consumer (4x4) market into enthusiastic interest as the part would now be more accessible and financially attainable - further increasing net profit for the supplier through increased demand..

But numbers on paper always look better than real numbers in action. I would be interested to see the size of his operation though, and the cost he incurs per bumper (or part) as he has to deal wit the cost of materials, 4 weeks of labor (or just 4 weeks of waiting which basically equals rent if no other capital expense is thrown at it), and shipping before finally getting a profit. If he's taking the money up front, that to me would further undermine his profit margin as he's not able to dynamically streamline the cost process (say one of his wielders quits, or a steel supplier raises the price of bulk steel after a sale..).

#88883 - 04/11/06 12:41 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
Hmm, slim chance you'll get anything from Jim in 4 weeks.

I waited close to 5 months for my rear bumper and skids. Close to 4 months for my front bumper and about 2 months for my sliders.
I thought I heard or read on another post that Jim is no longer with Shrock...

Can anyone else comment?

#88884 - 04/11/06 01:15 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by EricXE03:
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
[b]Hmm, slim chance you'll get anything from Jim in 4 weeks.

I thought I heard or read on another post that Jim is no longer with Shrock...

Can anyone else comment?[/b]
Jim is Shrockworks. You heard wrong.

#88885 - 04/11/06 08:10 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well spoken Mike in NRH [ThumbsUp]

#88886 - 05/11/06 08:28 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
You might be confused with JOSH no longer being at SLR.

laugh

Shrock did expand, and hire more people, etc...and is chopping the delivery times down a bit at a time as he gets more and more producton ramped up.

I do find he answers phone calls to the shop (literally), but is slow on e-mail...as the shop has a phone, but he doesn't log on for messeges online too often (months with R in them?).

If Shrock says about 4 weeks, that's probably the current time frame.

Luckily, if that will slide into the future....at least he'll let you know.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#88887 - 11/11/06 09:58 AM Re: shrockworks bumper
sandmanX Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest California
I recently purchased a Shrock bumper. Jim said it would be 3 to 4 weeks, but it was closer to 8 or 9.

YMMV.

#88888 - 11/11/06 03:03 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Easily worth the wait. He makes and sells a great product. [ThumbsUp]

#88889 - 19/11/06 07:06 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

okay thanks everybody.. i got an email from him about a week ago and it said my ETA was tomorrow 11/20. i really hope it comes sometime soon cuz its been way longer than what he said it would be. and im going to the beach in 3 days and i really wanted to drive it haha laugh

#88890 - 19/11/06 07:11 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered my new front bumper on 11-15 and he told me it was gonna be about 5 weeks. I think it will be worth the wait but I HATE driving around a wrecked vehicle until then.

#88891 - 19/11/06 08:50 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by shortbus00:
okay thanks everybody.. i got an email from him about a week ago and it said my ETA was tomorrow 11/20. i really hope it comes sometime soon cuz its been way longer than what he said it would be. and im going to the beach in 3 days and i really wanted to drive it haha laugh
You will get an e-mail telling you the product has shipped, that's how you know when you'll get it laugh

#88892 - 20/11/06 06:13 AM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the reality of it all that is not that bad of a wait for a product that blows away all others.

Christ I waited patently for sliders of an other company for 20 weeks before canceling. [ThumbsDown]

Jim won't slouch on quality for a schedule [ThumbsUp]

#88893 - 20/11/06 08:40 AM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Patience grasshopper.

#88894 - 20/11/06 12:53 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
Originally posted by shortbus00:
[b]okay thanks everybody.. i got an email from him about a week ago and it said my ETA was tomorrow 11/20. i really hope it comes sometime soon cuz its been way longer than what he said it would be. and im going to the beach in 3 days and i really wanted to drive it haha laugh
You will get an e-mail telling you the product has shipped, that's how you know when you'll get it laugh [/b]
i did get an email like a week or 2 ago that said my order was being processed. does anyone know what shrockworks uses to ship? fedex, ups, etc.?

#88895 - 20/11/06 01:32 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

It depends on the weight.

My sliders shipped Fedex as well as my skid plates and rear bumper. My front bumper how ever came freight via Dominion Freight.

#88896 - 20/11/06 01:40 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh okay thanks

#88897 - 20/11/06 06:34 PM Re: shrockworks bumper
Anonymous
Unregistered

my front bumper took abotu 8-9 weeks to get here, I just ordered a rear bumper and he said it will take 5 weeks, I dont believe it but It doesnt matter...His products are amazing

Mine was delivered by yellow transtortation

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal