Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#90846 - 03/04/03 02:16 PM Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
XterraDiver Offline

Loc: Monterey, CA
I have the Xterior X-Net and have been wondering how much more can be loaded if I went to the Loadwarrior? The Yakima would seem to have support on the sides that the X-Net would not, but would a good cover net - like the one offered by Raingler make up for that?

Going camping with the GF and dog and want to give the dog as much room as possible.
[Wave]

#90847 - 03/04/03 04:10 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
Harrison Offline

Loc: Fort Worth/ Lubbock, Texas
I have a LoadWarrior and love it. Gives you a GREAT base for stuff and a mounting points for lights and other accessories. They are pricey but I recommend them.

Harrison

#90848 - 03/04/03 06:53 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Ask Ian, I think he put a 70lb toolbox on the net and it held fine. Depends what you want to store up there?

-Rick

#90849 - 03/04/03 09:47 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
XterraDiver Offline

Basicly camping stuff for two (and one dog), for one week. I think I will try a practice load with the X-Net and see how well it holds.

#90850 - 03/04/03 09:55 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
spooky1 Offline

Loc: Maricopa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by XterraDiver:
Basicly camping stuff for two (and one dog), for one week. I think I will try a practice load with the X-Net and see how well it holds.
I don't think I would put the dog on the roof. laugh

"Duct tape is like the Force: It has a dark side and a light side - and it holds the universe together."

#90851 - 03/04/03 10:03 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
XterraDiver Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spooky1:
Quote:
Originally posted by XterraDiver:
[b]Basicly camping stuff for two (and one dog), for one week. I think I will try a practice load with the X-Net and see how well it holds.
I don't think I would put the dog on the roof. laugh [/b]
Why? I think he would really like it. And it keeps the drool [Spit] off the interior.

#90852 - 04/04/03 07:42 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
How about the Nissan Safari Basket from Yakima...does anybody have one of these...Are they pretty functional?

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#90853 - 04/04/03 08:21 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
How about the Nissan Safari Basket from Yakima...does anybody have one of these...Are they pretty functional?
They are OK for light stuff but you can't tie down anything big on them or they come apart. I learned that my first trip out when I tied down some firewood and a chainsaw on the top. I somewhat solved the problem by installing some seperate eye bolts for attaching things too though.

In regards to the Raingler net, I don't think it would be good for carrying large items either. While it is certainly strong enough to support heavy things, it doesn't really have a great way of holding them in. Guess it would depend on what's being put there. It would be great for holding a soft cargo bag or such but I wouldn't be putting toolboxes or coolers on it...things like that.

#90854 - 06/04/03 11:22 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
Raingler Offline

Loc: 8k vertical feet from the beac...
I've gotten enough questions on this, so I thought I'd show an example of what customers did to carry something bulky items on top. Again, per our insurance man, never carry anything up top that could become a projectile on or off-road. smile The rubber body moldings at the parts stores will protect the paint or Xparts sells something similiar.

#90855 - 07/04/03 07:17 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
That is an assinine idea especially if you plan on having things tied like that while offroad. I know from experience that having heavy items up there while off roading can eventually weaken your roof. The metal will eventually buckle and lose it's strength. By eventually I mean a few months.

#90856 - 07/04/03 07:42 AM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
Raingler Offline

Loc: 8k vertical feet from the beac...
ROTFL I don't think that the lunch cooler was left up there for several months. You can see that there are steel supports and a mount for the tire up there; but I am just showing that the net could contain (be on top of) items. Thanks for the mention on the roof buckling,that is a very important point, btw; what was it that bent your roof, just curious weight wise.

#90857 - 07/04/03 04:30 PM Re: Yakima Loadwarrior vs Raingler X-Net
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
The damage was cause by having my spare tire up there. There is no visible damage to the roof now but if you go up to it and press down with your hand it buckles. Basically the strength of the metal is compromised.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal