2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#90883 - 01/08/02 07:15 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
Raingler Offline

Loc: 8k vertical feet from the beac...
mail sent!

#90884 - 01/08/02 05:22 PM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by Raingler:
mail sent!
Raingler? So what is the time from money sent to product recieved? I sent payment last night for two interior nets.

Thanks, Rick

-Rick

#90885 - 01/08/02 05:39 PM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
Raingler Offline

Well, that depends on if the mailman has a GPS for those coordinates or not :p 4-6 days, email if you would like the tracking #'s

#90886 - 01/08/02 07:10 PM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
OFFROADMANUAL Offline

Loc: Northern New Mexico
Raingler is now shipping the new interior rack. I ordered mine a week ago and it shipped this past Monday (7/29/02). Regarding things flying out during braking and such, I am planning to attach items to the rack with metal clips. That'll do it.

#90887 - 06/08/02 07:19 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
Hedron Offline

Loc: Chicago
Next product request: I'd like a vertical cargo net that I can use with the seats down. I'd like to drop the rear seats and put my dog on top of them, and then store the gear in the regular cargo space. But then I need something to keep the gear from squashing the mutt. Cargo net?

Hed

#90888 - 06/08/02 07:37 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedron:
Next product request: I'd like a vertical cargo net that I can use with the seats down. I'd like to drop the rear seats and put my dog on top of them, and then store the gear in the regular cargo space. But then I need something to keep the gear from squashing the mutt. Cargo net?

Hed
uhhh... why dont you just put your dog in the back seat?

#90889 - 06/08/02 07:56 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
I just put all my gear into the footwells, it also helps fill the void between the headrests of the rear seats when folded down. It becomes a paw trap when the seats are down.

#90890 - 06/08/02 08:49 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
Hedron Offline

Loc: Chicago
My dog sheds, and I get tired of having to constantly vacuum out the back seats so that passengers don't get hair-coated. Plus, he's a messy german shepherd, and his mud-paws screw up the interior.

Meanwhile, I put my seat cushions in the footwells in the back seat. Doesn't everyone do this? Fat side goes down, thin side goes up. They fit perfectly. It leaves a little room for some other stuff. Fishing rods and whatnot.

BUT, when I say gear, I'm talking like when I go camping and fill the back with coolers and tents and sleeping bags, and all the other misc camping crap. I use bungee cords to keep the junk from sliding forward, but that's not really a very great solution as it only really works on the big stuff. Any odds and ends (dog bowls, etc.) still tend to slide around.

A cargo net seperating the back from the front would keep the dog (and people) safe from sliding gear, and still allow me to drop the seats for the dog so he's not messing up my back seat. I also think that even for the big stuff, a nice cargo net would be more secure than a few bungee cords.

Hed

#90891 - 06/08/02 04:33 PM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Raingler interior net is great! All the light stuff that was in the back is now up in the net!!! More room for beer when we are done wheeling for the day!!!!

-Rick

#90892 - 07/08/02 03:38 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
trwinship Offline

Loc: Gahanna, OH, USA
Raingler, I got my net, installed it and it looks great. Installation was a bit of a problem because I didn't have the pictures from this thread in front of me (yes, the truly webbing impaired can attempt to install it upside down and backwards). I'm also having a little problem getting the straps tightened up as much as they should be. Once again for the webbing impaired, what is the right way to thread the webbing through the spring-loaded grips? I have never known whether I was doing this right, regardless of what I was trying to strap down. A diagram or picture would be greatly appreciated.

#90893 - 07/08/02 08:15 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
Raingler Offline

Apologies to anyone that had any difficluties w/ this. The label goes facing down to floor so it is veiwable and the two rings that are closest together are to be at the rear by the hatch domelight. Here is some pics of the buckles showing webbing path and tie off.

(Shown on Frontier.)

#90894 - 07/08/02 09:11 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
jura Offline

Loc: Worcester, MA
Just ordered my roof rack yesterday, and anxiously awating it's arrival...

Something you may want to think about throwing together though (if there's enough interest of course, I know I would buy them!)... I don't think I'm the only one who does this... and I'll get pics to post later (forgot to bring my camera with me) is side nets for the back.

Currently I have about 4 bungees on each side in the back, using the floor tie downs, and the ceiling tie downs (well... my sgt. logo rack, but it can use the tiedowns) as well as the seat back hooks to keep stuff flush to the sides of the rear cargo area. I have jackets, small bags, shovel, hiking pole, etc. that I have in my truck, where I have no other room for... and I at least 2 times a week, have the back (with seats down) filled with junk, so I don't have room for anything else in there... so I use a system of bungees to keep those items flush ot the sides of the truck so I have room for cargo and/or people. And usually I have stuff in the footwells to, so I put my rear seat cushions in there as well...

I guess it's better explained through photos... so I will snap a few after work and post them... something like a side net for the wrangler...

anyhow, enough usless rambling, I'll blab more when I take a few pics smile

#90895 - 07/08/02 10:10 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
trwinship Offline

Loc: Gahanna, OH, USA
Thank you, Raingler, those pix are most helpful. Honestly, the installation really is not that hard, I was just in too much of a hurry to be thinking effectively. Getting web buckles right, however, has always been a problem for me.

#90896 - 07/08/02 02:19 PM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
A quick note on the interior installation.

Make sure the ceiling tie-downs are facing the correct way.

The front and back pair should have their largest opening facing fore and aft, while the center pair should have the largest opening facing center.

#90897 - 07/08/02 06:13 PM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
chucka Offline

Loc: Arlington Texas
i bought the prototype when it was posted on the buy/sell forum, and i love it. it was really easy to install after looking at the other pics real close. here is a pic.

i started another thread with the same pic a few days ago too. sorry for the double post.

#90898 - 08/08/02 10:48 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
I think I will give the interior net a whirl, But i am monkeying with the idea of integrating some karabiners for easy removal/install. I reckon I should be able to clip them into the rings and then run the straps through the 'biners.

I envison keeping a dog towel, a frisbee, rain gear and atlases up there, rather than under the dogs feet.

A

#90899 - 08/08/02 11:52 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
GrayHam Offline

'Bout the roof-rack . . .

Ian, you said the rack didn't bottom out with the 80-lb toolbox. Was that under movement, or while y'all were doing a static test in the driveway?

If you put a spare tire on the roof, and took the truck wheeling, how stable is a load on the new rack under those conditions? Is there enough give in the rack to allow the tire to contact the roof?
There appears to be some decent slack in the pics with the toolbox . . .

The interior rack looks slick. If I needed one, I'd be buying it today . . .

#90900 - 08/08/02 11:55 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
Tom G Offline

Loc: AZ
I got my interior net the other day and installed it in about 3 minutes. It's awesome! I'll try to take some pics ASAP.

#90901 - 08/08/02 09:35 PM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
Bill H Offline

Loc: Northern NJ USA
Thumbs up to Eddie and Raingler.com. Got my interior rack. Installed in about 4 minutes but that's because I took step by step pictures during the installation. Only mod I needed to make was the way I installed it the rear straps were long. I put velcro at the end of the strap to keep it from dangling. Overall an excellent product. Quality construction, easy to install and customer service was top notch. Now, for those of you wondering about where to put the dog. . . why not order the exterior net from them? Even my Saint Bernard will fit up there!

#90902 - 09/08/02 01:04 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
XOC Offline
Admin

Raingler went long on all the straps, just in case. They offer a good grip for snugging down the net. They can be trimmed, and the edge sealed with a lighter, or left as they are. I just tucked them back through the corner of the webbing and through the metal ring. People can also pick up some of those clips for straps from REI or similar stores.

Make sure the front and rear ceiling hooks face fore and aft, and the side hooks face side to side.

#90903 - 09/08/02 01:07 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra_canuck:
Ian, you said the rack didn't bottom out with the 80-lb toolbox. Was that under movement, or while y'all were doing a static test in the driveway?

If you put a spare tire on the roof, and took the truck wheeling, how stable is a load on the new rack under those conditions? Is there enough give in the rack to allow the tire to contact the roof?
There appears to be some decent slack in the pics with the toolbox . . .
My toolbox has a very small footprint compared to a tire, so it did deflect the net quite a bit. It was just for demonstration though, and we did not drive anywhere with it.

I don't think a spare tire would touch the roof at any time. I'll be reviewing both racks in a week or two, and will test it with a 32" spare.

#90904 - 09/08/02 01:25 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
night_eyes Offline

Loc: Texas
Does anyone have a pic they could post of the new smaller version of the internal net that shows the net from the front seat looking back? If not, can someone who bought it let me know about the available rear headroom with it installed? I'm interested in the net as long as it doesn't interfere with the back seat headroom because I regularly have rear passengers.

Thanks.

#90905 - 09/08/02 04:52 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
XOC Offline
Admin

It's tight.
I'm 5'10" and my pointy head touches the net.

You can take it out in 3 minutes though.

#90906 - 09/08/02 06:40 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
Tom G Offline

Loc: AZ
It would be sweet if Nissan had put one more ceiling tiedown in the center. any ideas?

#90907 - 09/08/02 06:49 AM Re: New Product Update: Roof Rack and Internal Rack
Bobby_X Offline

Ian, is that pic of you sitting in the front or rear seat?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal