I was having a problem during the cold spell where the truck was not shifting into 4th until the rmp went over 3500-4000. This is new and although I equated it to the cold, STOP I did not look at the manual for this, but I needed somethings checked and they said bring it in they were going to change to Synthetic tarns fluid. When I got there the service manager Tim Rivers, said he wanted to check before they did the change so they werent doing something that may not help.

A short time later he came into the waiting area and asked if it was only happening during the cold, I said yes, and he said the synthetic would probably not help the automatic, and that Nissans need to get to operating temp BEFORE they will shift smoothly to overdrive. I had not heard that before but it sounds logicical. Long story short they did not charge me.

Then to top it off the wanted me to schedule the truck for the ABS recall. I explained that the dealer on the other side of town, Kayser where I bought the truck, said my VIN showed it did not need it, which I doubted, but Tim said my VIN did in fact come back needing it. Being that I like the way they handled the whole thing I scheduled my 30,000 mile maintenance with them. Their prices, go figure, for the maintenance items are also a lot lower than at Kayser. i.e. Kasyer wanted 69.95 to rotate the tires where Lancaster wants 15.95!

While I was there I also picked up a Sales talk (nice nuts scratching) and a new Xterra info pack complete with very cool poster!