Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92155 - 05/03/02 02:19 PM Star Nissan, Bayside, Queens, NY - Good Service
Wreckerboy Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I think I may have found a decent dealer for those of us on Long Island (NY) to use. I have recently dealt with Star Nissan (718-359-7443 - ask for Steve Hausman, who is the service manager) for various warranty items - defective vent selector switch, and the dreaded "telescoping steering column" issue. Although they are in Queens, they are worth the trip, so far.

The following are excerpts from a letter I just sent to my dealer thanking them for the quality or service. Remember - if a dealer is bad, let 'em know, and if they are good, encourage the behaviour!

It reads:

Star Nissan
Attention: Steve Hausman, Service Manager
163-15 46th Ave
Flushing, NY 11358

"Mr. Hausman -

I am writing to thank you for the service I have received on my 2002 Nissan Xterra. Although the vehicle was not purchased through Star Nissan, I have brought it to your shop for the few warranty items that have needed addressing. I have found you, and the entire staff at the service desk, to be professional and efficient.

I have appreciated the extra steps you have taken to minimize my inconvenience when the truck is being serviced. I am employed in the service industry, and realize what a difficult job it is to deal with the public for items under warranty, particularly when they are major purchases such as automobiles. After my own experience, and the limited observations I was able to make while on line in your repair shop, the staff at the Star service desk might well be used as a standard for other dealerships to work towards.

The quality of the work performed by your mechanics has been good. As a mechanic who no longer turns wrenches for a living please be assured that as a matter of course I have checked all work done by the dealership and have had no issues with the job(s) done. The work appears to have been done correctly and neatly. As a fairly skeptical customer, (though I assure you, through no fault of Star Nissan), I appreciate that whenever I have brought the truck in to be repaired it has been fixed right the first time. It is also good that the truck has always been returned to me as clean as I have given it to your dealership."

#92156 - 05/03/02 05:07 PM Re: Star Nissan, Bayside, Queens, NY - Good Service
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
Um, what is the dreaded telescoping steering column issue? That does not sound good.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal