Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92162 - 29/01/05 10:10 PM Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just bought my 04 xterra a few weeks ago, it had 450 miles on it and it was starting to leak antifreeze. So I called up Faulkner Nissan where I bought it. I took it in the next day and they were not quite sure where it was coming from since it was all over the engine bay. So they put dye in the antifreeze. I took it back the next day, and they were able to find where it was leaking from. They then steam cleaned my engine for me and filled my gas tank up since i had to go back and forth a few times to have them troubleshoot the problem. I was not happy that my new truck was leaking, but they were quick to fix it and then cleaned up the mess and put gas in my truck. So I am glad I got my truck from a dealership that cares!!

#92163 - 08/02/05 11:48 AM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi there:
i bought a 04 x-terra from the same dealership (faulkner nissan) and so far the only trip i have made to the place is to add a little bit of windshield liquid so it is good to know that there is a dealership that cares.

#92164 - 16/02/05 07:26 PM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who was your salesperson, I dealt with Rich, everything went smooth except they never called my insurance to tell them I got a new vehicle, and I am wondering if they called penndot to update them as well.

#92165 - 17/02/05 01:00 PM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where was the leak comming from?

#92166 - 18/02/05 07:07 AM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

It came from the upper hose that runs from the top of the radiator to the engine. It was leaking on the engine side, so they just put a new clamp on it.

#92167 - 18/02/05 11:19 AM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

just don't take your X to their body shop. Oye have i heard horror stories. Plus i'm not happy how my sister's bumper turned out from them. crappy job IMO.

i bought mine at brenner nissan because they had a color i wanted and the same features i wanted for a lower price.

#92168 - 18/02/05 12:27 PM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've only dealt with Brenner twice for oil changes, and so far I'm impressed with their customer service. Ed is great.

#92169 - 18/02/05 03:45 PM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've been doing them all myself but will go to Brenner when my 15k service is due.

#92170 - 18/02/05 04:15 PM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

customer service at both are pretty decent. Ed at Brenner is very good and Charlie at Faulkner is stand up guy. But both charge pretty high prices although I guess thats true of any/most dealerships.

Brenner has a tech (Pat, I think) that is a 4 wheel enthusiast and I trust him to work on my truck.

#92171 - 19/02/05 06:00 AM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought my altima and my girlfriends sentra at brenner and they never really seemed to care about spending time with you, all they wanted was "would you like to put money down to reserve it" after driving one vehicle. My girlfriend recently rear-ended someone with our altima, I took it to faulkner for an estimate, and I was not really impressed, they did not want to explain anything, just give the numbers and get you on your way. I am taking it to Majors select collision repair in Mechanicsburg on monday to have it done so I guess we will see what they do, which I have heard good things about them.

#92172 - 19/02/05 06:12 AM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had one bad experience w/ Majors years ago. They painted the hood on an old Eclipse I had and I went over one afternoon to see how things were going and they actually had it on saw horses in the parking lot to dry!! There was dirt/hair/debris in the paint.

I made them start over and do it right.

Mind you, this was 10 yrs ago but just wanted you to know.

#92173 - 19/02/05 10:31 AM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

my sister took her's to major. great experience. this was about 6 months ago too. wish she had taken her honda to majors instead of faulkner. (she's not the best driver BTW).

#92174 - 20/02/05 05:40 AM Re: Harrisburg, PA Dealership
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hope everything goes well with them, they seemed friendly and explained things that faulkners body shop did not, so i will find out soon as I will be dropping it off tomorrow morning. Which should be fun based on the fact that it will be snowing/sleeting/freezing raining tonight. If its not perfect I will be taking it back to them to fix it but they do at least warranty the work for a year.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal