Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92286 - 04/10/00 09:52 PM Northern VA/DC Metro Area
brunoxterra Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia
I'm looking for a local dealership worth giving my hard earned money to for my 2001 Xterra. Anyone in the NOVA/DC Metro area have any expereiences with these dealerships?

Bruno

#92287 - 05/10/00 09:55 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
Synchro Offline

Loc: The booth on the left
I bought mine at Rosenthal Nissan in Tyson's Corner Va. The buying experience was ok, but the service afterwards has been excellent!!!!

I imagine if i knew as much then as i have gleaned from these message boards, i would have done better, but i did OK.

tell them no on the appearence package and the market value price hike. and if they say well mud flaps or whatever comes from the factory, tell them to take it off. get what you want.

------------------

------------------
Synchro (aka Kirk)
Ashburn, VA, USA (suburb of Washington D.C.)
2000 Xterra SE 4x4, Alpine Green
President: Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club

#92288 - 05/10/00 07:25 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
brunoxterra Offline

Synchro thanks again. Your perspective is appreciated. Someone had also mentioned a while back the Mike Pallone Nissan in Springfield is also a good bet, so I'll check them out as well.

Anyway, have you had the issue of the rear noise with your X? And how can we join in on MAXC?

Bruno

#92289 - 06/10/00 09:00 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Bruno, there's a little egroups box on the main page, you have to scroll down a little to see it. At 800x600 you'd think the picture and the 5 links beside it was all there was to the page (at least I did).

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#92290 - 06/10/00 09:20 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
gothamist Offline

Loc: Virginia
I was the one who purchased at Mike Pallone. The experience went so well my parents purchased an '01 Pathfinder from there last month. I'll try and check with them to see who their sales guy was, mine was a fellow named Joe Caldwell but I believe he's moved dealerships since.
I tried Passport Nissan first, but was quite disappointed with their attitude and the sales guy flat out said he didn't want to take the time to find what I wanted (manual 4x4 SE), "since everyone else just buys the autos off the lot."
YMMV.

#92291 - 07/10/00 08:38 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
OffroadX Offline

Hmm, look what Rosenthal did though...

photo: Brian Marofsky

Ah, can't hold it against 'em. Much...

Brent

[This message has been edited by OffroadX (edited October 07, 2000).]

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#92292 - 09/10/00 11:10 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
Synchro Offline

I will have to give them $hit for the color keyed X next time i am in there. :-)

brunoxterra;
Yes i had the probem with the rear noise in the Xterra. Rosenthal fixed it for me. they simply replaced the whole back differential.

------------------

Synchro (aka Kirk)
2000 Xterra SE 4x4, Alpine Green

#92293 - 10/10/00 08:40 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
OffroadX Offline

Rosenthal still doesn't know squat about the recall. I still want to swap out my diff fluid this weekend with the weather as nice as it's probably going to be until next spring, but I don't want to make 2 trips to get the plugs broken loose (and get the airbag bolts put in) and to get the recall work done. Argh...

Brent

#92294 - 11/10/00 08:03 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
Synchro Offline

when i talked to them 2 weeks ago about the recall, my service guy knew exactly what i was talking about. the only reason i have not had it done yet, it i need to fix the bolts on my skid plates first.

------------------
Synchro (aka Kirk)
2000 Xterra SE Auto 4x4 32" muds, Alpine Green

#92295 - 11/10/00 03:49 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
brunoxterra Offline

I went to Mike Pallone Nissan. They seemed friendly enough and were willing to deal.

BUT in the end I finally figured they were a bunch of dishonest crooks. They pretty much looked me dead in the eye and lied to me about the vehicle I wanted. I will take my money and business elsewhere. Thank You very Much.

#92296 - 19/10/00 08:20 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
ALTGUITAR_77 Offline

Loc: Springfield, VA
mike pallone nissan is the worst. they are just trying to make a buck. they lie about invoice price and their sales people suck. rosenthal nissan wasnt any better. the sales person i got stuck with was offensive to me when i told him i didnt want to trade in my truck. if you deal with them do it over the internet. the best so far has been passport nissan in alexandria. the salesman let me take an X for a test drive all alone and didnt pressure at all. he also gave a really good price. best around. just make sure you do your homework before shopping. good luck.

#92297 - 28/10/00 07:48 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
xterraqueen Offline

Loc: Washington, DC USA
For what it's worth, I bought my X at Passport Nissan in Marlow Heights, MD, which is just off the beltway at exit 7B...or A...whichever one goes north on branch ave. Anywho, I got a b*tchin' deal from them, in part because my Pop is friends with the GSM there...teehee...my XE 4x4 with everything on it including a manik brush guard, wind deflectors on all the door windows, and a disc changer ran me just under $26K. Not bad I guess. And the service there is pretty good, too.

------------------
The Grand Imperial Xterra Queen,
Superblack Xterra XE 4x4, BABY!

#92298 - 28/10/00 10:20 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
Synchro Offline

"The Grand Imperial Xterra Queen" huh? well come out on the trails with Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club and we will conduct the old pea under the mattress trick to see if you are true royalty. ;-)

------------------
Synchro (aka Kirk)
2000 Xterra SE, Alpine Green, Auto, 4x4, 32" BFG MTs
http://www.maxc.org/members/synchro.htm

#92299 - 01/11/00 06:06 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
gothamist Offline

Well, I don't really feel like sticking up for Pallone Nissan, but for the record they gave me an honest deal. Passport Nissan in Alexandria was a joke, and (as I've said) refused to try and locate a 5-speed X for me. I didn't try Rosenthal, though, so maybe they are alright, but in the end I think it just might be which sales manager and salespeople are working on the day you go in there. After I got my X my parents bought a new Pathfinder LE at Pallone, and they also got a pretty good deal (not great, but something like $1000 over invoice on a 2001 w/ the 3.5L engine.)
YMMV, take it as you will...

#92300 - 01/11/00 04:17 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
xterragirl Offline

Loc: Great Falls, VA
rosenthal people have a NEGATIVE IQ!!!! i went to check it out, and i suppose because i am a GIRL they figured i wouldn't know what i was talking about. anyway, they sent me with this guy who didn't know ANYTHING! i had just barely started to grill him, and i gave up. he was such an idiot that he even told me he was surprised i knew so much, and that i had done the research -- he expected me to be ignorant about the x! so...beware. if you go there, keep your eyes open for a dumbass named john. he looks like the karate kid.

#92301 - 01/11/00 07:25 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
Synchro Offline

as i hinted to in my original post, the sales people could be better, but the service folks are great. I think in many cases car salesmen who actually understand every piece of the vehicle they are selling is a rare thing. So people have to do their research. a few year ago when i bought the honda i had until the X, the sales people at Browns honda were worthless, i think it is and unfortunately common occurance.

------------------
Synchro (aka Kirk)
2000 Xterra SE, Alpine Green, Auto, 4x4, 32" BFG MTs
http://www.maxc.org/members/synchro.htm

#92302 - 01/11/00 07:40 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
gothamist Offline

re: Brown's Honda...
I don't know which one you went to, but I had the same experience with a salesperson at Brown's Honda Arlington about three years ago who swore that the top of the line Acura Integra (GS-R) came with a V-6. Uh-huh, sure...
Oh well, I think for everyone it works out, and hopefully I won't have to get to know the service department at ANY dealership too well.
(My X gets its oil changed a local garage.)

[This message has been edited by gothamist (edited November 01, 2000).]

#92303 - 02/11/00 02:28 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
brunoxterra Offline

Just want to let everyone know I'm still in the game. I'm hoping to give Steve Fisk in MA a call to see if he can get me the Xterra I want. The dealers in NoVA have been unwilling to lift a finger on my behalf... Screw those bas....

#92304 - 02/11/00 05:49 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
gothamist Offline

Well, seeing as how between all the posters here there's not a Nissan dealership in the area left unslandered, I don't blame you for checking out Steve's operation up at Marlboro Nissan. Everyone who buys from him seems to drive away happy, so best of luck!

#92305 - 03/11/00 07:50 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
OffroadX Offline

If you feel like trekking up 270 to Frederick, get in touch with Jenkins Motors where I got my X. I got in on a sale and got a wicked deal, not sure what kind of price you can swing otherwise, but can't hurt to ask. I did all my dealing over phone and fax, only went in person to pick up the new X. My salesman is no longer there though...
http://www.jenkinsmotors.com

Brent

#92306 - 29/11/00 04:13 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
ALTGUITAR_77 Offline

Loc: Springfield, VA
i just bought a 2001 xterra xe 4x4 from sheehy nissan in manassas. they are by far the best dealership i've been to. gave me invoice price on it and gave me 1000 dollars more on my trade than anyone else would. also gave me the best financing availble in thie high percentage market. my salesman was Tim Mcgirl and i highly recommend him. Going there at the very end of the month didnt hurt either. all the other dealerships i went to tried the numbers game and every other game in the book. not sheehy. the best nissan dealership i've been to. trust me, i've been to alot in the past year.

#92307 - 04/12/00 01:50 PM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
tmbethmd Offline

Loc: Rockville, MD USA
DO NOT GO TO PASSPORT NISSAN IN ALEXANDRIA.

I could go on about my experience, but suggest that you just stay away from them. Some of the other dealerships mentioned sound much better.

#92308 - 16/12/00 06:45 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
Vestnik Offline

Loc: Laurel, MD USA
I bought an X from Tischer Nissan in Laurel, MD. The buying experience sucked- they conveniently miscalculated in the negotiation and gave themselves more money (bring your calculators) and during the financing "negotiations" they would say something like, "lets try 9.5 percent" to calculate payments and type in different numbers to prove their point. When I questioned items on the contract, they got impatient and obviously annoyed. Don't trust them.

#92309 - 25/02/01 11:05 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
XtremeX Offline

Loc: Springfield,VA,USA
I went with Pallone Nissan in Springfield. They had the most product knowledge and a massive inventory to choose from. Also, (the real bottom line) they offered me $5800 more than CarMax did for my Honda S2000 (damn I miis that car)! I liked their honest approach and quick processing time. Joe, the manager handled my deal. Service has been excellent, they have a shuttle that takes you to the Metro Station first thing in the morning and their work is top-notch. Parts guys are very cool, they'll work with you on prices if you bought your car there.

------------------
2001 Xterra SE
PIAA 110W Super White Head Lights and Fog Lights, WeatherTech Bug/Stone Deflector and Door Window Vents, K&N High Flow Air Filter, Yakima Load Warrior, Waag Brush Guard and Brake Light Guards, 3M Tinted Front Windows and Strip for windshield, Hella Air Horns

#92310 - 26/02/01 11:47 AM Re: Northern VA/DC Metro Area
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
ABout a year ago I bought a 00 Frontier 4x4 from Pallone. The experience was crappy, but I loved the truck and after spending all day haggling with them I ended up getting a good deal. Fast forward....
I just traded in my 00 Frontier for a an 01 Xterra 4x4. Went back to Pallone about a trade and they lowballed me. Passport was decent, but I got the best deal at a Carmax Nissan New Car dealership north of Baltimore. They gave me a better deal on my trade than anyone else, and the no haggle experience on buying the X was very good. Their no-haggle price was also better than what Pallone was willing to sell for. As for service, I go to Passport for everything. My service team is great and I have never had anything but top notch service from them.

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal