Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92891 - 29/03/01 08:03 PM Metro DC Potential X Buyers
chewy50 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Just got my X Saturday and totally love it! Can't wait to get it in the mud and have some fun with it! Anyways, I did all of my research over the internet and loved it. If you don't like the hassel of wheeling and dealing it is the way to go. I ended up getting mine from Sheehy Nissan in Manassas and recommend them 110%! The people were great and made this first time auto buyer very comfortable. So if you are in the DC area and considering an X, make sure you look there.

Chewy

------------------
'01 4x4 Gold Rush SE Auto

"You just go and lay your hand
on a Pittsburgh Steelers' fan,
And I think you're gonna finally understand..." Charlie Daniels

#92892 - 30/03/01 01:08 PM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I got mine in Feb and ended up getting it from the Nissan Carmax dealer in Baltimore. Their no-haggle price was better than anywhere I went in DC. Plus, I traded in a 00 Frontier 4x4 and they gave me a ton more for it than any of the local NOVA dealers. I didn't try the Manassas dealership tho. Congrats on the X!

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

#92893 - 31/03/01 04:20 PM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
chewy50 Offline

Thanks!! Sounds like you got a good deal also. I didn't trade anything in on mine but I will keep your dealership in mind if I ever do have do. Is there anywhere in the area take the X out to play? I know nothing about and have no plans to add accessories to my X to make it more off-road ready, but I am looking for some places to have some fun. Any suggestions?

------------------

#92894 - 31/03/01 05:19 PM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Chewy,

Congrats on the X. I know a few places in the area that you would like. The closest to you is down in Dumfries:
Pics here

And there are some places between DC and Baltimore (Laurel, Crofton, BWI) that some of us like to go to.

Pics from Laurel #1 , Laurel #2 , and Crofton .
Haven't been to the BWI place yet, but I've scouted it a bit.

You should probably put some miles on your truck before you go out 'wheeling with it, that was the advice I got. 1000 or so should suffice. Gimme a shout when you're ready.
There's also the local Xterra club, MAXC and they go on trips further out into VA, western MD, PA, NJ and such. I'm sure they'll be inviting you to join 'em. I used to be a member, but I'm out for a while. Long story, don't ask, and take what you might hear with a grain of salt. I screwed up a while back, it's behind me.

Brent

[This message has been edited by OffroadX (edited 03-31-2001).]

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#92895 - 01/04/01 02:49 PM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
chewy50 Offline

Thanks for the links...that looks great. I'll give you a yell when I get some time and miles on my X. Thanks again!

------------------
Chewy

#92896 - 02/04/01 11:06 AM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Yeah, there's some great trails out in Woodstock, VA as well as further south down in Harrisonburg. The trails in Woodstock are fine for a stock X, as long as you get rid of the step rails. Most of the rougher stuff has a bypass for those who don't want to damage their X.

Offroad X - why are you out of MAXC? Just curious. I'm not a member so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I love off roading with people, but I've never been one to join a "club" for anything. To me, clubs get bogged down with who's in charge and this rule and that rule, etc. Clubs generally take all the fun out of things for me.

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

#92897 - 02/04/01 12:38 PM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
OffroadX Offline

I should probably not open this up again on a board/list, but in short:
I made a few rookie mistakes on the trail coupled with some social stumbles last summer/fall. That stacked things against me. It all came to a head and I was ousted after I cut down a tree to get out of a situation I got myself in on an outing with a couple of members.

If MAXC had given me feedback about the stuff (other than the tree) at the time the things happened, it probably wouldn't have gotten so ugly. Meanwhile I went along thinking things were OK while they stewed and things ultimately came to a head with the tree incident. I only learned about the other stuff (and how pissed they were about it) then.

That's the condensed, as-neutral-as-I-can-be
version of it.

If you're not the club type but want to run trails now and then, I seem to be gathering a small group of people who manage to tolerate me I'm planning a trail scouting trip in WV sometime in May/June if you're interested.

Brent

[This message has been edited by OffroadX (edited 04-02-2001).]

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#92898 - 03/04/01 10:26 AM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Sounds good, and thanks for the vanilla explanation of things. Didn't mean to spark any old flames or anything. But I did have to laugh when you said you cut down a tree to get out of a jam. Not that I advocate hacking a forest down, but put it this way, if we ever go wheeling and you need to hack a tree down to get unstuck, I'll fetch the saw for you.

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

#92899 - 08/04/01 04:09 PM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
joef Offline

Loc: Stafford, VA USA
We just bought our Xterra from Passport Nissan in Alexandria about a week ago. I had found them through the Internet and negotiated a great price, mostly by e-mail and telephone. They didn't have the exact car on the lot that we wanted, so they went out and found it for us. They had it ready to go the next day. I would recommend them to anyone.

However, I also had visited Brown's Nissan in Arlington because of an ad they ran in the Post. They tried the old "bait and switch" with me. They kept trying to sell me the car that they had rather than the one that I wanted. They kept saying they could find the one I wanted, but the one they had was "just a little bit more." (I wanted an XE, and the kept pushing an SE at me.) I looked in a mirror, saw that I really didn't have the word "Stupid" tattooed on my forehead, and told them we were leaving. Then, I thought I was going to have to arm wrestle the salesman for my car keys.

------------------

[This message has been edited by joef (edited 04-08-2001).]

#92900 - 30/04/01 09:43 PM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
FDHockey44 Offline

Loc: washington,dc,usa
I would recommend passport nissan in marlow heights. Great service price and they made me feel like family.

#92901 - 01/05/01 09:49 AM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
chewy50 Offline

welcome aboard FD, glad to see you got a good deal. seems like passport might be a good place to go. what color did u get?

as for other matters, would some of you DC area X'ers like to do a little off-roading? for me, sunday is the only day that will work and i don't think i will be able to go until june. also, my x is stock and am not looking to do anything too outrageous. it's just an idea...let me know what you think!

#92902 - 01/05/01 10:13 AM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
OffroadX Offline

You talking this Sunday, or just Sundays in general come June?

I'm out of town this weekend, but looking to get back out ASAP when I get back.

Brent

#92903 - 01/05/01 11:22 AM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
chewy50 Offline

Brent,

In June. My May weekends are pretty much booked already. I got your e-mail but my hotmail hasn't been letting me send from home lately. I'll write you soon. Thanks for the heads up!

Chewy

#92904 - 01/05/01 12:16 PM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
FDHockey44 Offline

Loc: washington,dc,usa
Hey chewy,

I got a red se. I would love to go offroad but like you i dont want to do anything outragous. Don't want to mess up step rails ect. My off day is saturday. Let me know what you think.

#92905 - 01/05/01 04:36 PM Re: Metro DC Potential X Buyers
chewy50 Offline

FD,

I'm in the same boat you are; I wanna go out to have some fun, but hopefully to keep my X in one piece also. As you spend more time here in the XOC you will see that there are groups and individuals who offer ideas for off-roading and have trips as well. If we get something going on a DC get-together, I'll let you know but I'm sure you will hear about it here. Enjoy the X!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal