Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93301 - 20/12/02 08:12 AM Re: Universal City Nissan (BEWARE)
Silent Thunder Offline

Loc: 297 feet up (Los Angeles)
Quote:
Originally posted by Cassara with X:

Perhaps you should check with another dealer if it is warranty repair it should not really matter.
I've been to three already. I'm just tired of taking time off of work for this. Hell, one day I went to Santa Monica Nissan and they did nothing. mad

I'll probably just end up taking my X to Stokes Tire Pros in Santa Monica. They, at least, seem to know how to fix the problem. I'll end up being out of pocket on this $200 or so for something I believe should be covered under warranty.

#93302 - 20/12/02 08:30 AM Re: Universal City Nissan (BEWARE)
Cassara with X Offline

Loc: Tarzana, CA
Excuse me for being "master of the obvious" but did you call first? Dumb question... sorry...

If it is truly a warranty item I can't imagine why the dealerships are not offering to do the work. What are they saying exactly?

- They can't fix it?
- They won't fix it?
- They don't know how to fix it?
- It is not fixable?

Fill me in and I will try to help out...

- Michael

Quote:
Originally posted by Silent Thunder:
I'll probably just end up taking my X to Stokes Tire Pros in Santa Monica. They, at least, seem to know how to fix the problem. I'll end up being out of pocket on this $200 or so for something I believe should be covered under warranty.

#93303 - 20/12/02 08:43 AM Re: Universal City Nissan (BEWARE)
Silent Thunder Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cassara with X:

- They can't fix it?
- They won't fix it?
- They don't know how to fix it?
- It is not fixable?
Believe it or not, I've heard all of those above.

Hell, I had my customer service rep at Nissan of North America tell me on the phone that he believed one of the dealerships (who shall remain nameless) didn't want to try the fix; i.e. they were nervous about attempting the fix because they had not done it before.

Basically, the u-bolts, etc. in the rear need to be loosened. Then you have to "twist" the rear axle to as close as possible to centerline (zero degree thrust angle). It can be done while the X is in the alignment rack.

Stokes Tire told me this. This was also confirmed by Nissan corporate as being a way to straighten out the thrust angle.

In summary, corporate wants to have a dealership experience the drift before the will do anything. Yes, corporate has acknowledged that the thrust angle maybe the problem. However, only until a dealership confirms what I'm saying will they perform the work. Why? Nissan of North America doesn't want anyone with a thrust angle that's off to expect a warranty fix. Yes, the spec sheets indicate it's not on centerline. But that's not good enough for corporate.

That's where I'm at...

#93304 - 20/12/02 09:18 AM Re: Universal City Nissan (BEWARE)
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Basically, the u-bolts, etc. in the rear need to be loosened. Then you have to "twist" the rear axle to as close as possible to centerline (zero degree thrust angle). It can be done while the X is in the alignment rack.
hmm

that cannot be done that easy

some one would have to drill a new hole in the rear axle

#93305 - 20/12/02 09:49 AM Re: Universal City Nissan (BEWARE)
Silent Thunder Offline

Nope. Maybe I'm not making myself clear but it can be "twisted" without any type of drilling, modification, etc. I've had an alignment shop tell me this and Nissan of North America tell me this also.

#93306 - 20/12/02 10:08 AM Re: Universal City Nissan (BEWARE)
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Nope. Maybe I'm not making myself clear but it can be "twisted" without any type of drilling, modification, etc. I've had an alignment shop tell me this and Nissan of North America tell me this also.
still not it

there is a bolt that is going through ALL the leafs and enters into the hole in the axle tube
there is NO way to twist that ( no matter if the U bolts are on or off )

making a hole bigger in the Axle tube would be the only way to move the axle ( is this the smartest way ? hmm, i dono )

#93307 - 24/12/02 10:41 PM Re: Universal City Nissan (BEWARE)
Cassara with X Offline

Loc: Tarzana, CA
Down to a few last items with Universal City Nissan. I just filled out the customer satisfaction survey. I pointed out that I was not entirely satisfied. Universal City Nissan is down to doing the following to be done:

1. Install the child safety latches and tethers. Missing from time of delivery.

2. Install WAAG FrontRunner and Rear Bumper Grille Guards. This was an added extra to make up for some of the pain and suffering they have put me through.

They will have almost gotten back to even with me once this is all done.

- Michael

#93308 - 10/01/03 06:03 PM Re: Universal City Nissan (BEWARE)
Western Brewer Offline

Loc: Rochester, MN
Sorry, I know this is old news. But, I thought that being informed on how to fill out the sales survey was standard! I got that run-around when I purchased mine also. I felt very uncomfortable and mentioned it on my survey, but didn't say anything then and there because I had been in the dealer for a total of 9 hours (over two days) to make the deal. The deal was a supplier discount and they were the only dealer in 500 miles with even a close model to what I wanted - so I bit...

I don't want to go into it here, but the more I read and the more I experience the more I feel like I just bent over and took it from Nissan. Their vehicles are going to have to be dang near FREE! to get me to buy from them again.

#93309 - 10/01/03 08:42 PM Re: Universal City Nissan (BEWARE)
Silent Thunder Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by msm0979.1:
Their vehicles are going to have to be dang near FREE! to get me to buy from them again.
That's me. Only that Nissan cannot or will not fix my alignment problem. Yeah, I don't think I'll ever by another Nissan again...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal