I hate the fact that this is my first post but...
I called Newburgh Nissan (where I bought my X) to have some stuff checked out including the diff. whine, the rust spots on the frame, and the fact that the truck won't shift into overdrive for about 15 minutes every morning. The service manager proceeds to tell me that the whine is from the tires and that the overdrive not kicking in like this is normal. He then tells me that the rust is probably just surface rust and won't be covered by the warranty. All this without even seeing the truck. Finally, he informs me that he won’t even do a cursory look at my truck on Saturday because they don’t do warranty work on Saturday. I explain to him all that I want is for him to look at it not work on it and tell me whether he needs to keep the truck all day or not. I can’t take time off from work and I have to try and find another car to get to work if he does. No go…Monday-Friday, 8-4 is the only time he will even glance at the truck. I won’t even go into the reaction I got when I asked if I could get a loaner car for the day and tried to tell him that the whine is not from the tires. Pompous ass. All this for a truck I bought from them 2 months ago.
Sorry so long…but I hate the fact that I spend $25,000 there and I can’t even get someone to be courteous to me on the phone.