Well, I can honestly say I've never had a worse time with a dealer. It started out fine enough, but went to crap quickly. I was sent to this dealership by autovantage.com, and the original saleslady was nice - she left me test drive both the manual and stick. Then when we came back, she asked what numbers I wanted, and then left... she returned and asked me to head to the sales manager's office.

I knew it was all wrong when I'm only part way in his office door, and he's looking at the numbers I want saying, "You know we live in reality, and in reality we can't always get what we want." He then proceeds to exhibit EVERY dealer trick in the book, even putting the scripted conversation with the used car manager on the speakerphone who states "Nobody wants those cars" just as he clicks in - about my 1999 Jeep Wrangler I was trading in. He at one point used the line (and I paraphrase here) "You want service? Okay, give me some money and I'll take you out after this and buy you lunch, we'll even go shopping later..."

And while all this was going on, there were at least, at any given time, 2 other dealers in the room with us. My roomate who came with me, and was watching all this go down, said one guy would come in every 2 minutes, move a vase of flowers from the cabinet to the desk, and then from the desk back to the cabinet and then leave...
All in all, this guy was trying to intimidate me, but it didn't work. And when he realized it wasn't working, he pulled the line "you buy cars once every couple years, I do it everyday, we just like to keep things light here - I hope you didn't take the jokes the wrong way". And as I packed up my stuff to leave, he simply stated, "I sell cars, go shop around, but I know you won't find anything better..."

Well, guess what - I drove 30 miles to Concord Nissan and not only got a great deal on my black XE 3-pack, but I got $1400 more on my trade... I recommend Clarence at Concord Nissan, by the way... VERY nice guy... I would avoid Connell Nissan like the plague!

Sean

------------------

[This message has been edited by mono (edited 07-30-2001).]

Piece of pilot wisdom: "Better to be on the ground wanting to be in the air than in the air wanting to be on the ground."