I bought my X at East Tennessee Nissan, Morristown, TN.

I telephoned and they said they had an X just like I wanted. However, when I arrived at the dealership; they said the truck had been sold the day before and they apologized for the error (yeah, right).

However, (as luck would have it), they had an X that fit my description at another dealership.

I did my homework before I visited the dealership. I looked on the Edmunds web site and calculated the invoice price of my vehicle. I decided to make an initial offer of 2% over invoice and work up to a maximum offer of 3% over invoice . I initially offered 2% over invoice. The salesman took my offer to the sales manager and came back with his "version" of 2% over invoice ... invoice + $360 MAI (regional advertising fee) + $299 dealer fee + 2%, which equaled way more than I was willing to pay. I told the salesman I was not paying the advertising fee or the dealer fee and I was sticking to my offer. He went back to the sales manager and returned with an offer to waive the ad fee. This went back and forth until I finally upped my offer to 3% over invoice and he acepted the deal.

I later found out that they called the other dealership (??? Twin Cities Nissan ???) and asked for the X to be driven to East Tennessee Nissan when I offered a lower price. But I'm satisfied with my deal. Although not a great deal, I was able to buy the X I wanted for the price I wanted to spend.

If you need to buy an X in eastern TN, keep this experience in mind.

------------------
'01 XE 4x4, 3 Pack
Alpine Green

[This message has been edited by XRay (edited November 23, 2000).]