2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93774 - 20/08/00 12:38 PM Dealer Locates?
r_malo_06484 Offline

Loc: Shelton,CT
My dealership is trying to locate me a Red 4x4 SE 5-speed X (2000 or 2001). It's been 4 weeks, and nothing.

Did your dealer locate your rare X?
If so, how long and how rare?

Also, does anyone know how the dealerships get vehicles allocated to them from the manufacturer?

I have mentioned ordering one and they said it would take 3 months, but are not offering to order one, they just keep saying they can locate one.

Does this sound strange?

I can't complain too much because the price is $24,500.
I'm just curious to see if others went through the same wait.

Thanks.

#93775 - 20/08/00 03:58 PM Re: Dealer Locates?
Linkster Offline

My wife and I went to a dealer looking for a Black Auto XE 4x4 3 pack. The dealer didn't have any in stock but he said he would get one asap. Sure enough, the dealer had one 2 days later for us to drive home...It sounds to me as if your dealer isn't trying hard enough

#93776 - 20/08/00 04:30 PM Re: Dealer Locates?
r_malo_06484 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Linkster:
My wife and I went to a dealer looking for a Black Auto XE 4x4 3 pack. The dealer didn't have any in stock but he said he would get one asap. Sure enough, the dealer had one 2 days later for us to drive home...It sounds to me as if your dealer isn't trying hard enough

What part of the country is your dealer in?

I'm in the northeast and it seems that none of the other dealerships in the area are trading there X's.

#93777 - 20/08/00 04:41 PM Re: Dealer Locates?
Linkster Offline

I'm in NC. Since you are in the Northeast, you may want to contact Steve Fisk at Marlboro Nissan ( www.marlboronissan.com ). I've heard only good things about him on the other boards.

Linkster

#93778 - 20/08/00 04:48 PM Re: Dealer Locates?
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
Go here, www.xterrastore.com.

Steve probably has one in stock, and will fly you there, or ship it to you. He is located just outside of Boston.

------------------
:wq!

2000 Silver Ice SE 4x4 5Speed
Southeast Xterra Club

#93779 - 21/08/00 06:28 AM Re: Dealer Locates?
r_malo_06484 Offline

Yes, I've talked to Steve but he's selling them at MSRP+.

If my dealer can find one at $24,500, I'll wait, just not forever.

Thanks.

#93780 - 21/08/00 06:35 AM Re: Dealer Locates?
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
Steve sells them for MSRP. I payed less for mine at Steves dealer than I would locally. He also gave me a digital camera, and he even treated me like an adult

------------------
:wq!

2000 Silver Ice SE 4x4 5Speed
Southeast Xterra Club

#93781 - 24/08/00 12:24 PM Re: Dealer Locates?
Steve Fisk Offline

Loc: Marlboro, Massachusetts, U.S. ...
I have NEVER, ever sold one over MSRP.

I speak to people all day long who wonder why they never actually get to take delivery of the Xterra they wrote a deal on at another dealership- at a heavily discounted price.

I betcha that since you wrote that deal up a lot of other people who were not given a price like that have long since taken delivery of a real vehicle with a real serial number and are actully driving them. Meanwhile there are lots of people with a piece of paper that says they will get a big discount- someday.

And those people are waiting..........

and waiting........

...........and waiting. Wondering why they don't have a vehicle.

It's the oldest trick in the book on an in-demand vehicle. It's called, "taking the customer off the market". YOu are in step 2 with a couple more to go. And it isn't nice. You'll see.

You may not like what I have to say, but you can be assured it's the truth. The other guys just told you what you wanted to hear. Hey, who knows, perhaps they will come through for you. But the fact that you still don't have an Xterra yet speaks volumes.

#93782 - 24/08/00 12:52 PM Re: Dealer Locates?
r_malo_06484 Offline

Steve,
I agree with what you are saying, and believe that you are right about my situation. However, I did sign the PO and put down a $350 deposit. According to the back of the PO the dealer has 120 days to locate one (Who reads the back of these things before they sign ?) before the PO is void and I can get my deposit back.

What are you selling your SE's for?

If this doesn't work out, I'm coming north, your way.

Thanks for the insight.

#93783 - 24/08/00 03:42 PM Re: Dealer Locates?
Mapman Offline

Loc: Crystal Lake, IL
You might want to try looking around yourself at various dealers in your area or call around, I know this might be alot of extra work that your dealer SHOULD be doing, but since you have to wait 120 days and your dealer seems to be slacking you might as well look too? If you do find what you are looking for, tell your dealer so they can get it for you.
Just an idea...

------------------
Erik
Silver Ice SE 4x4

http://midwestxterraowners.com/

#93784 - 24/08/00 10:48 PM Re: Dealer Locates?
Impavette Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Mine was located within a few days and I paid $24,983 +Tax and Tags for an SE 4X4 Auto with floor mats, Mud guards and a tow hitch!!! I'm very happy with the price they gave it to me for. As a matter of fact, I don't think I heard of anyone who got it less than me yet. But I did run into a few bad dealers along the way. Some were out right rediculous with their deception tricks and prices. One sales person got so frustrated with the way I do business he had to leave to cool off (that was very funny, I actually enjoyed pushing him over the edge). I do business in a very straight forward manner and everytime he tried to screw me, I put a stop to it right away, he didn't even know how to act he accused me of turning the tables, so I agreed with him and said " I'm selling you my money for this truck do you want it or not?". Another dealer wouldn't even budge from $860 over invoice and he wanted to give me $10,000 for my Jeep that I sold for $15,500 and he would have sold for about $17,000. That same fool also told me that the color I wanted (silver ice) is in high demand and he gets MSRP for that vehicle, I then told him that he would have to be an idiot to sell it to me for "only" $860 over invoice when he could get MSRP from somebody else. I then walked out. Oh by the way, that high demand vehicle was on their lot for 3 months when I went in and I went back a month after I got mine and it was still there!!! so much for high demand and MSRP. On the other hand the dealer I got mine from was awesome, he said he loved doing business with me b/c I knew what I wanted, how much I was paying and I didn't waste his time. We wrote a deal in about 15min. w/o games or deception, we were both straight forward with each other right from the beginning, I would recommend that dealership in a second!! I better stop rambling and get some sleep now.

------------------
Chris
'00 Xterra SE 4X4 Auto(Silver Ice)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal