Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93844 - 31/08/04 02:47 PM Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
X-MAN-97 Offline

Loc: San Leandro, CA
The dealership where I got my recall service done called me today. At first, I thought this was one of those service survey. Since they did a good job, I prepared to give them a good review. But I was wrong, the lady on the phone was saying that the sales manager saw my truck and like it so much and beg me to trade it in. Said that they have some customers are currently looking for a used X with such good condition. [Finger] Yah right, This is B.S. Why would someone want a 2002 X so bad when the totally new 2005 coming out? I figured this was a new sales trap to get me into the dealership. Wonder if this is legal for the service to give away my personal info to the sales?

#93845 - 31/08/04 03:49 PM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Yup...That kind of sales pitch is pretty common these days...it happened to a couple of buddies that I know...it's a bunch of Bullshit...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#93846 - 31/08/04 04:30 PM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Wonder if this is legal for the service to give away my personal info to the sales?
Uh...it's the same company. If you're dealing with sales or service it all goes into the database for the dealership. You're basically a customer of "XYZ Motors", not just the service dept.

That is common practice for sales departments to tell you they really need your vehicle and have several customers looking for them, how do you think they sell new cars?

#93847 - 31/08/04 07:21 PM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

tell them for payoff they can have mine i'll even deliver

#93848 - 31/08/04 07:40 PM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Well if they Really need it. Sell it to them for 35K. I mean it's in such good shape, so why not laugh
Then go buy a Jeep.

#93849 - 02/09/04 09:49 AM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
tell them to pound sand!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#93850 - 03/09/04 08:19 AM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
NetJunkie Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Old sales trick. For a good read hit Edmunds and find the article about the editor that went under cover selling cars.

#93851 - 03/09/04 09:12 AM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Quote:
Originally posted by NetJunkie:
For a good read hit Edmunds and find the article about the editor that went under cover selling cars.
Pretty good read...
LINK HERE

#93852 - 05/09/04 09:33 AM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
BOOM Offline

Loc: WISCONSIN
nice ass site snoopy...

LATER
BOOM [Wave]

if you wanna get it DIRTY, Then go in and get some MUD !! ON IT

#93853 - 05/09/04 10:38 PM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very interesting story. The life of a car salesman sucks. And the main point of the artical was that it's not the salesman that sticks to the buyer it's the buyer themselves! I'm planning on trading in my 02 for a new 05 when they come out next year. I bought my X at sticker price plus the extended warrenty and never consider bargining as a price per month buyer.

#93854 - 10/09/04 05:38 PM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ski Me:
I bought my X at sticker price plus the extended warrenty and never consider bargining as a price per month buyer.
This is one of my biggest peeves about this car-buying business. I went to the Nissan dealer, test drove 2 Xterras, and then sat down to discuss cost. The sales manager kept telling me what my payment would be. I asked him to tell me what the actual price of the vehicle is, and he would only say that they'd tell me in finance. I was so irritated! After the guy literally started yelling at me, ("ARE YOU GOING TO BUY THIS TRUCK OR NOT??") I got up and left. Jack ass... grrr.

Amy

#93855 - 16/09/04 08:00 PM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Likkitysplit -

You are right on target. Too many car dealers see customers with sub-prime credit that only care about the monthly payment, not what the vehicle actually costs. The rest of us who actually care what we pay for a product are left to struggle with the sales guy who actually cannot make the deal happen. I place the blame on the sales manager you dealt with. I don't know if you ended up purchasing the vehicle you were looking at, but my theory has always been "I don't care if you make some profit on this vehicle, but just don't make it all on me!!!!". The dealership should spread their profit over ALL of their customers a little bit at a time.

I hope it worked (or works) out for you.

#93856 - 05/10/04 10:50 PM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes that was a sales gimic they were using.

I agree with the dealer spreading the profit. I recently started in a sales position at Pear Nissan in Littleton CO. I did not start there because I wanted to make alot of money just more that my previous job. Plus, I figured since I love Nissan's I might a well sell them. What I have noticed at the dealer ship is that most of the deals made do not make alot of money. We spread the money we make out.
I have never with held information when asked. If cutomers what the price of the vehicle I tell them.
Someone metioned they wanted an 05 X. If you are close to CO pay me a visit. Why not buy a Nissan from someone who actually drives what they sell. I plan on getting an 05 X as soon as we get them in. I can't wait.

If anyone would like info about what happens at dealers, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Oh by the way about a week ago someone droped their X off for service at my Dealer. Who was it?
It was a darker color, lifted, rear tire carrier w/ high lift attached, Arb, sliders. It looked sweet. Whoever you are, you have a good looking Xterra. [Wave]

#93857 - 12/10/04 08:57 AM Re: Dealer beg me to sell them my X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

the local dealership here gave me a free Xterra hat when i went to pick up a new eccentric bolt/washer cuz its the only lifted "hot" (as they put it) Xterra in the area (that they've seen). one Frontier w/ a 3" bl around here but thats it

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal