Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93935 - 25/01/02 12:09 AM Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
xterminator Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
What a bunch of retards!

The service is horrible and they lied about lifetime free oil changes when I bought the car. Also marked up the price on my car without telling me. I go in for service and they refuse to wash my car even when making an appointment by phone and telling me they would!!! Horrible attitudes! One of the guys selling the car to me yelled at me at said 'WHOS PARENTS GET A KID A CAR THIS EXPENSIVE ANYWAY!?' when i was trying to negotiate the price because it was WELL MARKED UP. THE SALES REPS ARE FUCK3RS. OVERALL I WOULD GIVE THIS DEALERSHIP A BIG THUMBS DOWN! DO NOT BUY A CAR HERE! AVOID THIS DEALERSHIP AT ALL COSTS!!!

HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHEN I SAY HORRIBLE I MEAN HORRIBLE!!
No wonder they have so many cars stuck on the lot.

I am suprised nissan hasn't done something about them. mad mad mad

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: xterminator ]

#93936 - 25/01/02 12:14 AM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
so how do you really feel laugh

#93937 - 26/07/02 10:23 AM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
Silent Thunder Offline

Loc: 297 feet up (Los Angeles)
I couldn't agree with you more xterminator about Santa Monica Nissan.

I went through the test drive and all, started the "deal" and then all of a sudden the manager tells me, "Sorry we can't do this deal." No negotiations, nothing, nada.

Sweet justice though. I specifically wanted a Silver Ice SE S/C (4x2) with auto. That's what SM Nissan had.

I then went to Nissan of Long Beach and told them what I was looking for. They called me back and said they had "traded" one of theirs for the one I wanted. Guess what? It was the one from SM Nissan.

Dumbshits at SM - they lost a sure sale with me. I bought it from Nissan of Long Beach.

#93938 - 27/07/02 10:49 AM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
E-Hansen Offline

Loc: SLC,UT
time to phone the BBB and at least log a complaint. I did that toa jeep dealer, Dan Eastman here in SLC, they were able to help... at least a little.

#93939 - 28/07/02 04:18 PM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
J. Offline

Loc: South Bay, Southern California
I'm with you, Silent Thunder. NLB did lowball me on the fill-up they promised for turning in the dealer eval form to them with less valuable movie tickets, but compared to xterminator's experience at Santa Monica, I'm more than satisfied. I got a car wash when I went in for one of five free oil changes they threw in; haven't paid for any service yet.

#93940 - 28/07/02 04:45 PM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
It looks like the SM Nissan Dealership is pullling the "low ball" tactic on pricing...
The El Monte Nissan does the same thing... But the El Monte dealership actually
had two, COUNT THEM TWO, investigative reports done on them, with both
reports showing the dealership practicing "low ball" tactics. So avoid El Monte's
Nissan dealership too...

On the flip-side, Miller Nissan, in the San Fernando Valley, was absolutely first
rate... My purchase was extremely easy... The negotiations were perfect... I
told them what I want and the price I wanted and they gave it to me... Their
service department was also a nice experience... Courtious, easy to talk to,
and, above all, customer service oriented... If you're look for an X, or a Nissan
in general, ask for Lee Holden (Internet Sales Mgr.)... Good luck... Lates!

- Air B

#93941 - 29/07/02 05:41 AM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
Linda Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Hello,
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in on the dealership ratings. Beaverton Nissan was an experience to say the least. A lot of arguing with the sales people,extremely rude but in the end got what we wanted. The service depart on the other hand was extremely pleasant. Listened, cooperated, responded to the problems and were concerned about the whole situation. laugh high marks for the service department.
Linda

#93942 - 29/07/02 07:36 AM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
Silent Thunder Offline

Loc: 297 feet up (Los Angeles)
Well, I don't know if SM was "low balling" the price. They would not move from the MSRP which was about $26k.

Nissan of Long Beach was great. They gave me a price I could live with (however, I didn't need the tow hitch nor the sunroof so that added to the price but oh well...). More importantly, NLB gave me the price I wanted for my trade-in. laugh

The thing about SM was the time I wasted to eventually get "Sorry, we can't do a deal at those prices." I wasted over an hour on a Sunday afternoon at that place. mad

Don't know about SM's service department but I'm sure I'll know in time. That's were I intend to take my X for service.

#93943 - 16/09/02 05:20 PM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
martayx Offline

Loc: glendale california
Santa Monica does sssuck After four phone calls to the internet sales guy we agreed on a $ amount to order the enthusiast pkg. I went down to order it and his manager came in and said I would have to pay sticker plus delivery. What a waste of time. I finally got it from Corona Nissan (Cathy Fulerton). She made it happen I had to wait but it was worth it.

#93944 - 16/09/02 05:29 PM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
bpdA Offline

Loc: Chicago IL, Orange Co. CA, and...
Got mine from Corona Nissan too. Good people. (Don't think it was the best price I could have paid but they had it, I wanted it, case closed.)

#93945 - 16/09/02 07:05 PM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
Charlie_X Offline

Loc: California
We got our X from Santa Monica Nissan, and they were a bunch of jerks. We came in with printouts, and stats on pricing and such, and they had the balls to tell us our info was incorrect. When we showed them an ad and quote from another dealer, they matched it. However, they did ask us to bring in a card that Nissan sends out to critique the dealership in return for detailing. At least the mechanics are nice and knowledgable....the rest of the workers suck!

#93946 - 19/09/02 11:03 AM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
apwired Offline

Loc: LA, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Silent Thunder:
I then went to Nissan of Long Beach and told them what I was looking for. They called me back and said they had "traded" one of theirs for the one I wanted. Guess what? It was the one from SM Nissan.
That's a funny story in all of this bullshit (dealers nto us)...!
I live in Samo and had looked at a yellow 4x4 but it was sold already but still on the lot... I WANTED the yellow and I didn't wanna pay nearly 5k$ more than I ended up paying when I went to NLB! They had to order me the X I wanted because of "shortages of yellow 4x4s send to LA" and in the end when they couldn't directly get the X to their lot, they found that Samo had gotten one in and they traded for it to sell to me right there through NLB for less.... wild!

I like NLB, 28mile drive over an 8 mile drive for servicing, but in LA that's nothing. They do what I ask and all ways honor their mailer coupons even if you "forgot" them. And I always get a carwarsh - even though its a weak one. Kinda a cleaning for a clean car - my truck is too dirty fo rthe time they put in on the cleaning, but still its nice to feel a little clean after getting serviced! {Whoa that sounded nasty!}

Sorry to hear about the shit yall got at samo dealership - they suck I guess.
smile
-alfonse

#93947 - 06/11/02 05:02 PM Re: Santa Monica Nissan (SM, CA)
Angelo Offline

Loc: California (Bay to L.A.)
Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:

On the flip-side, Miller Nissan, in the San Fernando Valley, was absolutely first
rate... My purchase was extremely easy... The negotiations were perfect... I
told them what I want and the price I wanted and they gave it to me... Their
service department was also a nice experience... Courtious, easy to talk to,
and, above all, customer service oriented...

- Air B
I actually bought my Xterra from Miller Nissan in Van Nuys last June... it was an awkward experience at first. I spent nearly two hours one Sunday afternoon negotiating the price of a car that was not even available on their lot, but was one that the sales manager could supposedly "locate." In the process I kept getting told to consider an Xterra already there, to be sold at very a low price, somewhat parallel to the old "bait-and-switch" routine. I kept on insisting I preferred no other Xterra in model, drivetrain, color, year, et al., as I was completely determined to get the Xterra in all the specs and details that I wanted. I left tired and fristrated that Sunday,only to be surprised five days later by the manager that the car had indeed been located! I thought that it must have been a joke... especially given that it was in limited "shock blue" I thought he was bringing in "just blue" or some other X and would claim to have "made a mistake." In the end I was able to get not only the price I had demanded a few days prior, but also got some extra options at no extra cost (tow hitch, floor mats) since I had negotiated on a "non-optioned" Xterra in mind...

It always seemed that requesting a car or making dealers search for a car of your choice would only put the dealer in power and insist that the customer pay whatever the dealer desires, especially for a supposedly limited availability car... however persistence and a bit of luck must have allowed me to "cash-in" on a deal.

While sales may have intially been difficult for me, the service department at Miller Nissan has always been great. I have gone in already for a couple free oil changes which I supposedly got as a perk to my purchase, and got a free wash, and always got my service done in very good timing... overall cheers to Miller Nissan, much of it deservedly for the service department and staff.

"I really hate getting pissed off, but I guess it's much better than getting pissed on..."

Check it out ----> http://hometown.aol.com/stercus/xterra.html

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal