Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#94478 - 05/02/01 07:06 AM Missouri Dealerships
Dr. Xtreme Offline

Loc: Columbia, MO, USA
I checked out several dealers around MO before I bought my X. The only one where I had a really good experience was Lou Fusz in St. Louis (which is where I bought my truck). Bommarito Nissan had a big selection, but they were pretty full of themselves and their huge volume. I won't buy anything (not even a washer) from Perry Nissan in Columbia. But, I hear that they have a really good service dept.

------------------
2001 XE V6 Auto
Super Black
3 pk.

#94479 - 05/02/01 02:39 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Mike Holmes Offline

Loc: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I bought mine from Bommarito Nissan in August. They didn't give me any problems. I got a 2001 XE w/ the three packages, tow, body side molding and a custom painted front grille (which is chipping already) for $700 under sticker. If you are interested in the salesman I dealt with, let me know - I may still have his business card.

------------------

#94480 - 08/02/01 12:07 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Ringo Offline

Loc: Parkville, MO
Not sure about the St. Louis side but on the Kansas City side here have been my experiences. McCarthy Nissan - What a FREAKING joke. I told them I wanted an SE 4x4 in green. They tried to sell me a XE 4x2 ? I told them to call me when they located the one I wanted. A week later I got a call and they told me to come up cause they found one for me. When I got there the price was $2000.00 more than what we talked about the last time I was up there and then on top of that they still did not have one in stock or had found one to trade with another dealership.

Talk about a bunch of jackballs.

There is a reason why people hate car dealers and salesmen. McCarthy Nissan in Gladstone is the opitimy of sleezy car dealerships !!

Of course this is just my opinion...

------------------

#94481 - 08/02/01 12:44 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Elroy Offline

Loc: St Louis, MO
I purchased my X in Febuary of 2000 (Exactly one year from today) from Lou Fusz Nissan. I had no problems when I bought it and they have never given me any problems when I take it in for service. They were really nice when I took it in for the 2 spots underniether the back bumper to be taken care of. I will always take my X there.

------------------
Ê£®õÿ
2000 Silver Ice SE 4x4

Heartland Xterra Owners Club

#94482 - 08/02/01 12:49 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
I'm with you Ringo, McCarthy Nissan in Gladstone is a joke. I can't believe they did the same thing to me like you! They tried to sell me a 4x2 XE when I told the old fart in the beginning I wanted a 4x4 SE. He tried to tell me like I'm some idiot that you don't need a 4x4, since 4x2's Xterras have a lock-rear differential....what a bunch of bullbutter! And he had the odasity to tell I wouldn't know what a lock-differential is since they only used them back in the 60's and 70's so I better ask my dad to see how good they are; because back on the farm, they didn't need those expensive 4WD's to get the job done. What a piece of desentary! I'm getting red just writing this thinking how I was treated of there!

I got mine at Stateline Nissan....they were ok...I knew more than they did...and the sales manager was easy going and laid back. Two things made me upset was the financial manager and the intial salesman that walked up to me at the showroom floor. I told him I want to test drive the X and he didn't believe me thinking I wasn't serious to buy today. He ask me 4 times "are you sure you want to buy one today?" I should have left then. He introduced me to a "gang'sta" salesman with 10 gold teeth, a gold ring for every finger, a Radiers ball cap, black high boots, and a suit with no tie. He ended up being really cool. And the finance manager thought I didn't have enough credit for the 6.9% and "asked me are you sure you want me to run your credit app?" When she ran it, here eyes went wide open and was like,"oh yes, lets get you in this Xterra today!" What a b&tch....Sorry for the long post...

------------------
Join the Heartland Xterra Owners Club!
www.hxoc.net

#94483 - 09/02/01 06:48 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Rick_G Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Suntrup Nissan in St. Louis is also populated with Jackballs (good word Ringo).

------------------

#94484 - 09/02/01 07:00 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Ringo Offline

When I first went into McCarthy I already had my financing in place from my credit union. All they had to do was find me the car I wanted and I would have bought it from them. Of course they would have to come close to the price that I was quoted from carsdirect.com. When I told them that he gave me some story that carsdirect.com could not really get that price for the xterra. I told him i disagreed he then went into some long story about since that he did not have the one I wanted in stock he would have to trade with another dealer and that would drive the price up, which he gladly pushed off to me.

What really cracked me up is that on my test drive the salesman they stuck me with did not know how to drive a stick and the only 4x4 they had in stock for a test drive was a stick. I had to get the car out of the lot for the salesman. What a joke.

carsdirect finally found my Apline Green 4x4 SE from Kelly Nissan in Chicago and even at the price they quoted me online which was about $2500.00 less than McCarthy. I bought a one way ticket. The dealership picked me up a Midway and I was on the road back to KC within the hour. Kelly Nissan in Chicago was great.

As I said before McCarthy Nissan in Gladstone (What a bunch of jackballs) I do not even go up there for service. I would rather drive out to Metcalf and 75th to that Nissan dealership out there. I should probably go up to McCarthy with my Kelly Nissan plate covers to pick up some touch up paint and hope that the manager or salesman is still around. I surely would have a couple of words for them.

I am getting a little flushed writing this too!!! As always this is just my opinion.

Ringo

------------------

#94485 - 09/02/01 10:36 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
jasonjrk Offline

What was the trouble with Suntrup?

I take my X in there for service and they have been very nice and helpful.

------------------

#94486 - 09/02/01 11:27 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
BlackKnightX Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
I purchased my X from St. Charles Nissan and had a great experience.

------------------
Super Black
00 XE V-6 4x2

#94487 - 09/02/01 07:06 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
krisandambercarlson Offline

Loc: Independence,MO USA
I have to add my two cents to the McCrappy Nissan story in Kansas City (oops, that should be Mccarthy Nissan). Our salesman first tried to sell us into a couple of used pathfinders, about which he seemed to know nothing, then finally (two hours later) showed us to the single SE 4x4 5 spd they had on the lot that day, about which he seemed to know less than nothing. He then told us we could get the factory subsidized rate of 4.9% that Nissan was offering at the time (total B.S., this was not available on the X). But worse, two days after we had signed everything and taken delivery, the finance manager calls my wife and asks her to come back and sign some "title papers". When she arrives at this jackass's office, he tries to get her to sign new loan documents with a different purchase price and higher intrest rate (totally illegal). After a call to our attorney (on the finance office phone) and suggestions that maybe we should notify local media, they got panicky and "aggreed" to lower our purchase price signifigantly (by giving us $1700 more for our trade than its retail value!) Basically, I wouldn't recommend anyone buy anything from them unless you have a high tolerance for stupidity and bull****, and available legal counsel. (The X is great though!)

------------------
2001 SE 4x4 5 speed, super black

#94488 - 11/02/01 12:06 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
KCX Offline

Kris and Amber....join the Heartland Xterra Club here in Kansas City. Check out our club section on this site and our own website at http://www.hxoc.net .

------------------
www.hxoc.net

#94489 - 11/02/01 08:09 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Kafka213 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I am dealing with the Youngblood Nissan in Springfield, MO. High volume car lot, and extremely nice people. Great service. I have known John Youngblood for years, well, my father has. If anyone ever needs anything in the way of Nissan in Springfield, MO. Let me know, he would be all for helping you out.

------------------
Eric Miller
University of Chicago
Also from southwest MO.

#94490 - 11/02/01 11:28 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Ringo Offline

What I want to know is that it seems that McCarthy Nissan in Gladstone does not have a very good reputation.

I am sure that the Nissan dealerships are aware of these forums and I have yet to see any posting in the defense of McCarthy Nissan.

I guess it is safe to assume that since they are still practicing the old style of selling cars that are unaware that the internet out there.

The internet is just a fad, like colour television !!!

------------------

#94491 - 11/02/01 11:52 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
KCX Offline

Actually Ringo, every Nissan dealer I have talked to, never of them heard of the XOC website...I figured this is true for most dealers since that don't know squat about the Xterra....you would think being in sales that they should know their products well.

------------------
www.hxoc.net

#94492 - 12/02/01 08:41 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Elroy Offline

Lou Fusz will know next time I take my X in. I'll have that nice XOC sticker on the back window.

------------------
Ê£®õÿ
2000 Silver Ice SE 4x4

Heartland Xterra Owners Club

#94493 - 12/02/01 11:21 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Dr. Xtreme Offline

Loc: Columbia, MO, USA
Ditto!

Lou Fusz will know next time I take my X in. I'll have that nice XOC sticker on the back window.

------------------
2001 XE V6 Auto
Super Black
3 pk.

#94494 - 13/02/01 06:38 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Ringo Offline

Kris and Amber. When you had you problems with McCarthy Nissan in Gladstone was that when it was still McCarthy ? I went by there the other day and they have been bought (I guess) by Jay Wolfe.

If this is the case then things might be a little different. I still own my 93 HOnda Accord and have had nothing but good experiences with Jay Wolfe.

I might give Jay Wolfe Nissan a chance to redeem theirselves. I would assume that a lot of the lower level people would still be there but I hope that they would do a little house cleaning higher up in the food chain.

------------------

#94495 - 16/02/01 10:53 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
kandacarlson Offline

Loc: United States
We actually bought from McCarthy in Blue Springs, (down the road a few miles from Gladstone). Sorry if we created any confusion, I'm going to take the X in for service this week there, to see what happens on the service side of McCarthy's in B.S. (That's Blue Springs, right, or is it another B.S.?). I'll keep y'all posted on the outcome.

------------------

#94496 - 02/03/01 11:45 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
NativeTXN Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
I just recently ordered my Xterra from McCarthy Nissan in Olathe, KS since they didn't have the one I wanted in stock. My salesman said it would take about 60 days for it come in, but I don't mind since I am fortunate to have a company car to drive. I ordered a 2001 SE, 4x4, 5-Speed in the Just Blue Color. Additional options I had added were floor mats, splash guards, in-cabin microfilter and the electrochromatic mirror. MSRP with my options and the destination charge came to $26,055. After negotiating, the dealer agreed to sell for $23,800, which I think is an exceptional price with the options (Invoice including destination came to $23,621). So, I put $500 down and they ordered it from the factory. Now, I am in the "waiting" stage and very anxious for it to arrive. This is a fair price for what I am getting...correct? I would like to hear what others paid for their Xterra just to compare price. I hope that in the future I receive good service from McCarthy Nissan in Olathe. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. So far so good.

------------------

#94497 - 02/03/01 12:06 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought mine there as well and have talked them into sponsoring our group HXOC- they've made a trophy for our X Smackdown Challenge that we plan on doing once a month at the Xcursion. (Are you joining?)
That's a pretty good price- I wouldn't complain.
We'll help ya get it dirty! www.hxoc.net

------------------
Do you smellalallalalala what Xrock is cookin?

#94498 - 02/03/01 02:34 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
KCX Offline

BlueXterra01,
That is a great price. I bought mine in December of 99' and I had to pay sticker $26,300...all the dealers would not go down in price since there was more demand than supply....Now I see the SE v6 Xterras going for $23K....I guess thats what I get for getting a Xterra so early but still glad I got it that soon too. Join our club! Even if you can only make a couple xcursions a year...you will be featured on our website and be able to get to know your Xterra better. Hope to hear from you soon!

------------------
www.hxoc.net

#94499 - 02/03/01 07:44 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
NativeTXN Offline

Well, yea, that's what I figured...that I had gotten a pretty good deal price wise. Great to hear your input XROCK23 and XTERRA4EVER. Now, I am anxiously awaiting my Xterra's arrival, which should be in early to mid April. And yes, I do plan on joining the club. I'm just going to wait until I am behind the wheel of my X before I do.

XTERRA4EVER - Yea...I can understand you paying close to sticker price for buying so early. My sister and brother-in-law have a 2000 X White SE Automatic and they paid close to sticker when they bought in October 1999 when the X's were just coming out.

Keep me informed on what's going on in the club etc. Thanks.

------------------

#94500 - 03/03/01 12:16 AM Re: Missouri Dealerships
KCX Offline

You got it! You can still join now and we will post a blue xterra picture in place of yours for the time being until you get your own pics. Then you can add later with all the pics of your Xterra on our xcursions! Or wait till April!

------------------
www.hxoc.net

#94501 - 05/03/01 12:40 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
NativeTXN Offline

I think I will wait until I get my Xterra to join HXOC. Hopefully, it will arrive at the dealership in early to mid April as that is what I am anticipating. I am anxious to get it...that's for sure.

I was checking out the March 24th excursion y'all have planned. Sounds like fun. Wish I had my X now so I could join everyone on the trip.

How many members are a part of the HXOC now? What are the ages of the members? I'm 25.

Well, I check this website about twice a day. I'll let everyone know when I have my X.

------------------

#94502 - 05/03/01 05:29 PM Re: Missouri Dealerships
Kafka213 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I joined before purchasing the X. Check the website for everything about the club. http://www.hxoc.net

------------------
Eric Miller
University of Chicago
Also from southwest MO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal