Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#95624 - 06/11/02 11:23 AM Sliders and Hi Lift
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Was not sure where to ask this but here goes.
This past weekend was wheeling in a lot of East Texas Red mud (clay).

Broke the bead on driver's front lost air and had to back down the hill. Tire / rim was a mess of red clay... had to actually dig mud out to get at the lugs.

Here is my question: We jacked form ARB (have attachment) and EOE sliders. The Hi Lift was sinking in and when stable and lifted it tried to slide. After much re-positioning of truck was able to use the sliders. The EOE sliders stick out farther than most of the others I have seen. BUT, when the truck lifts the top of the jack move into the panels. In some positions it would have been enough to damage them so we stopped.

What are other's experiencing???? I guess it's OK on hard flat surface but hilly and off road it's a PIA.

I am very open to suggestions smile

#95625 - 06/11/02 11:28 AM Re: Sliders and Hi Lift
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Open your door. No matter how wide your slider is, this does not prevent the hi-lift from slipping toward your body pannels, especially in slippery areas. You can also purchase a wider base for your hi-lift. See off-road base.

#95626 - 06/11/02 11:37 AM Re: Sliders and Hi Lift
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
DUH!!!! Now I feel like an idiot... at least I was not alone. I guess with the rain and nasty weather we did not even think of that smile

Thanks for the link too.

#95627 - 06/11/02 11:42 AM Re: Sliders and Hi Lift
GrillmasterP Offline

Loc: Houston
You can make your own off road base with a semi-large square piece of plywood- You can use 1-3 bolts to hold it on to the Hi-lift base-
This will allow a bigger foot print to minimize the hi-lift from sinking in. (throw the spare tire on the base for extra weight too)
Definately open the doors when using the hi-lift on the sliders.
-
Also make sure you block the opposite tire to keep the Xterra from moving - use the spare or blocks of wood

#95628 - 06/11/02 11:42 AM Re: Sliders and Hi Lift
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Roger, don't be ashamed to pull out the factory jack smile
I've used it in mud (and hail and rain) to swap a tire. Messy, but it still works.

#95629 - 20/11/02 08:12 PM Re: Sliders and Hi Lift
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Another thing that will work for a platfom to place the jack on is a ditch digging shovel. The long, skinny blade shovel is what I am talking about. I used one with a high lift to recover a 3/4 ton Chevy a couple of months ago and it worked great.

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal