Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#97728 - 01/09/04 11:45 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Maybe y'all should rename your fucking club.
If you allow any vehicle to join, it's not really an Xterra club now is it ?
Ian, I have to admit, I've never seen anyone with your ability to be so smug and smarmy with a fucking keyboard. I'm not ragging, I actually respect that. So much inflection is lost in the written word, but you really have a talent at expressing what a giant prick you are. Again, not ragging, just giving props, I respect succinctness in writing.

(The following opinion is tongue-in-cheek, is only half-true, and is not necessarily meant to be taken seriously.)

As for our club, yes it should be renamed. Fuck the Xterra. There I said it. Fuck the Xterra. There's enough members and people interested in four-wheeling that SCCX could drop the Xterra thing altogether, and take in the Four-Runners, the Montero Sports, the Tacomas, Frontiers, whatever, without any issues as to who leads, etc. I'm not trying to boss you around, I'm just saying the option is there. Personally, I've eschewed clubs altogether. I've embraced vehicular anarchy, and in my soul search I have found the following gem of information:

There's no club like no club.

I bought a 4x4 to avoid the drama of everyday life. To escape. To explore.

It's funny, SCCX is chock full of really good, really easygoing, really genuine people, but you wouldn't know it by reading a (small yet vocal) portion of the website. So, it's not like I stopped wanting to be involved because I didn't like the people, and I didn't do it because I have a problem with any particular member. And chances are I'll end up going on a few runs. And it's an absolute certainty that I'll end up seeing some members in other social situations, including 4-wheeling. Hell, I may change my mind about the whole thing tomorrow.

It's just that I have to deal with such serious parameters in my work and personal life ("Don't slap the client", "Don't fuck the babysitter", "Don't shoot the television"), the last thing I want to hear is Don't, Don't, Don't, when I'm trying to be free.

#97729 - 02/09/04 03:02 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
So much inflection is lost in the written word, but you really have a talent at expressing what a giant prick you are.
Why not rename the fucking club then ?

Seriously. Southern California Club Xterra (which was so [Rainbow] to start with, with the transposed "Club" and "Xterra") sounds pretty much like a club for people who own and drive Xterras.

Why would you have an Xterra club that isn't about Xterras?

Out here in Colorado we have dozens of clubs for all types of vehicles, and they had no problem coming up with names that are interesting, but not misleading. SCCX should have someone smart enough to come up with a new name like Southern California Wheeling and Whining Club.

#97730 - 02/09/04 07:55 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
I sense some PMSing going on, Please More Sex, all of you go get laid and talk this out like calm adults. A name is a name but it should make some sense but hey it is california, the land of fruits and nuts and there are way to damn many of them in my home state, Colorado if you don't know me. My peace had been made now.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#97731 - 02/09/04 10:20 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
I hope all members decide to vent their disagreements in private or on the SCCX board, no need to give Ian or anybody else for that matter more reason to talk shit about our club. We all know what the club is about so fuck evrybody else's opinions. [Too much XOC]

#97732 - 02/09/04 10:46 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
XOC Offline
Admin

As long as I don't keeping getting requests from non Xterra or Nissan owners to attend events like goneMOAB or GOX, I don't mind.

I guess I'll never understand why an Xterra club isn't an Xterra club. [Freak]

#97733 - 02/09/04 11:31 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra312002:
...but hey it is california, the land of fruits and nuts and there are way to damn many of them in my home state, Colorado...
The land of fruits and nuts, yes, and damn good ones too. Enjoy those oranges and almonds. And dairy products, meat and fish, vegetables, grains, rice, wood and paper, computers, cars, oil, films and TV shows, books, manufactured and durable goods, aerospace and defense products, medical research, chemical research, and especially enjoy all that Federal Revenue that California generates which props up every other state in this Greatest Nation on Earth. If we're so stupid, quit coming to us like we're your fucking ATM. The day that Colorado can match even our least productive County in terms of product and revenue generation, y'all can talk all you want. Until then, shut the fuck up and drink your Coors.

Yeah, there's a mass exodus from California to Colorado...people must be going there to get away from all the jobs.

#97734 - 02/09/04 11:34 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:

As for our club, yes it should be renamed. Fuck the Xterra. There I said it. Fuck the Xterra. There's enough members and people interested in four-wheeling that SCCX could drop the Xterra thing altogether, and take in the Four-Runners, the Montero Sports, the Tacomas, Frontiers, whatever, without any issues as to who leads, etc.
Hmmm.. I think if that happened I would be visiting Northern California much more often, wadda ya say NCXC?

Part of the reason I went with the Xterra was the community. Lets not get too interracial here eh?

~Jason

#97735 - 02/09/04 12:26 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
buffalo Offline

Quote:

What makes you think that we are not an Xterra club, we have 200 plus users, trolls, active members in the club of which the vast majority are Xterra owners. I would say that at least 90% of our club are Xterra owners with at least another 5% being past Xterra owners who have moved on/up to rigs that are more capable or suitable for their needs. We don't discriminate, if somebody wants to join us that doesn't have an Xterra who are we to deprive them from joining us. Same reason that you allow people on the XTERRA OWNERS CLUB that have Frontiers, Jeeps, Ford F-150, WRXs and so on. The Xterra is our shared common interest. SCCX has really diversified, we now not only get together for offroading but some of us have backpacked together, gone target shooting, mtn. biked the list goes on and on, a few of us have even competed in Xterra events. Whats your definition of an Xterra club? [Finger] [Save the fine unicorns]

#97736 - 02/09/04 02:50 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Wow the SCCX soap opera continues

#97737 - 02/09/04 02:58 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not really, just one (very loud) guy...

#97738 - 02/09/04 09:46 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Loop Choke:
Cary, I am willing to let all of this go and move on from here. I am offering you the proverbial olive branch. I believe that you are a valuable member of the club and value your experience. Let's move on from here to make this club a better place for ALL. (no matter what you drive)

Sincerely,

Jason Koepke
Jason,

Call me on the toll-free SCCX Hotline:
(866) 2-XTERRA

Sincerely,

Cary

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#97739 - 02/09/04 10:22 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
We don't discriminate, if somebody wants to join us that doesn't have an Xterra who are we to deprive them from joining us.
You're an Xterra club.
Spell it with me... X...T...E...R...R...A...

Descrimination has nothing to do with it, you should just change your name and make a generic 4 wheeling club, because you are not an Xterra club.

#97740 - 02/09/04 11:06 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You're an Xterra club.
Spell it with me... X...T...E...R...R...A...

Descrimination has nothing to do with it, you should just change your name and make a generic 4 wheeling club, because you are [b]not
an Xterra club.[/b]
So I guess since NJAX lets Jorge do stuff with them, they arn't an Xterra club as well?

Just saying..

#97741 - 03/09/04 12:18 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Happy Birthday Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Cary...

I never had a real problem with you.. I think you know that, It was more club policies and lack of leadership.

I don't really mean to say I told you so... but, if you ever want to go hit some trails drop me an email or PM.

#97742 - 03/09/04 12:45 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Happy Birthday Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Cary,

Your issues with the other person have nothing to do with me.
sorry this was just getting annoying

Xtoolbox(Brian).... you can say his name.

sorry but you sound like your in a harry potter film "he who must not be named".

I don't know the whole story... mainly because you guys have apparently treated this blow up just like the one with me and deleted every bit of ugliness from the forums... but if it is a simple fact of Cary Questioning why Brian makes policy decisions when its been almost(over?) a year since he even owned an Xterra, I think the whole fucking club needs a serious reality check.

Cary and Lory are two great people. BOD members that seemed to actually give a shit about the club and its members instead of their own egos.

My opinion isn't worth shit to you i know that... but as one of the old school SCCX members, I have to say you have no business on the BOD, neither did Brian, some of you need to look to AZXC if your thinking of restructuring. they have a clue how to organize a club.

Oh well...

too bad we can't all rewind 4.5 years... it was fun back then...

#97743 - 03/09/04 01:36 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
So I guess since NJAX lets Jorge do stuff with them, they arn't an Xterra club as well?
Now you're nitpicking...

Jorge is one member, who was a very enthusiastic Xterra owner. He designed and maintains their web site, puts together dozens of videos, and has driven thousands of miles to GOX and goneMOAB events. His Xterra died, and maybe he'll move on, maybe he won't.

SCCX is open to all off-road-capable vehicles. You guys just let anyone join, and that makes SCCX not an Xterra club.

Like talking to a fucking wall here... [Freak]

#97744 - 03/09/04 07:06 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
As long as I don't keeping getting requests from non Xterra or Nissan owners to attend events like goneMOAB or GOX, I don't mind.

You know you want me there...

#97745 - 03/09/04 08:09 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Loop Choke Offline

Loc: Peoria,IL
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
[b]So I guess since NJAX lets Jorge do stuff with them, they arn't an Xterra club as well?
Now you're nitpicking...

Jorge is one member, who was a very enthusiastic Xterra owner. He designed and maintains their web site, puts together dozens of videos, and has driven thousands of miles to GOX and goneMOAB events. His Xterra died, and maybe he'll move on, maybe he won't.

SCCX is open to all off-road-capable vehicles. You guys just let anyone join, and that makes SCCX not an Xterra club.

Like talking to a fucking wall here... [Freak] [/b]
What buisness is it of yours what we do? I do not understand all of this. If it doesn't affect you, leave it alone. No one (as far as I know) from our club that does not own an X asked to come to Gone or GOX.

Don't worry about what we do.

Jason

#97746 - 03/09/04 09:05 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
buffalo Offline

Jason let it go....Its not worth it! Now you have Todrick giving his worthless opinion about SCCX. Like I said we know what we do and what SCCX is about we don't need to justify ourselves to anyone else. Let it go!!!

#97747 - 03/09/04 09:53 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Loop Choke Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
Jason let it go....Its not worth it! Now you have Todrick giving his worthless opinion about SCCX. Like I said we know what we do and what SCCX is about we don't need to justify ourselves to anyone else. Let it go!!!
You are right Jaime. This is my last post.

Jason

#97748 - 03/09/04 10:55 AM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
What buisness is it of yours what we do? I do not understand all of this. If it doesn't affect you, leave it alone. No one (as far as I know) from our club that does not own an X asked to come to Gone or GOX.

Don't worry about what we do.
It does affect me.

I've had 3 requests from SCCX non-Xterra owners to attend GOX, and one got quite upset when I said "no".
Logan wanted to bring his Volvo to goneMOAB.

Since you're not really an Xterra club, and it's none of my business, I'll go ahead and remove your forum from XOC.

#97749 - 03/09/04 12:43 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Yzerman Offline

Loc: Cave Creek, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
some of you need to look to AZXC if your thinking of restructuring. they have a clue how to organize a club.
Thats cause we have the God Father... [Huh?]

#97750 - 03/09/04 12:49 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Loop Choke Offline

Logan is no longer a part of SCCX. Do not let a few ruin it for all.

Why are you so upset about what we do with our club, Ian? Never once have I told you how to run this site or this club. I value XOC as a place to get info about the Xterra and also just bullshit with people across the country.

I think removing our forum from this site is going a little far. It is your decision however. If you would like to discuss it at all, feel free to call me at 909-615-6468.

Jason

#97751 - 03/09/04 01:22 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
XOC Offline
Admin

I thought that was your last post...

#97752 - 03/09/04 02:14 PM Re: Rant thread about Jeeps
Loop Choke Offline

It was going to be but I just wanted to let everyone know that Logan does not represent our club. I have nothing against you or anyone else on this board. I just don't see how what we do with our club affects you.

Jason

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal