Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#98273 - 26/02/06 09:15 PM Re: Why need 4x4?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Bottom line is that if I had to pick either front or rear wheel drive in snow (no 4x4) I would sure go front wheel drive, just because I've driven a Maxima (and before a Sentra) in Chicago winters for many years.

At times when it snows here I keep my truck in rear wheel drive and don't even bother with 4x4, however it's a lot less forgiving, even with skilled and more precise driving. That doesn't mean that it can't be done.
You're comparing a front wheel drive sedan to a rear wheel drive truck... I believe that if you test drove two cars of similar power and weight distribution in winter conditions (only difference being rwd vs. fwd) you'd see that rwd is ggz smile

#98274 - 26/02/06 09:50 PM Re: Why need 4x4?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Polak:
Quote:
Bottom line is that if I had to pick either front or rear wheel drive in snow (no 4x4) I would sure go front wheel drive, just because I've driven a Maxima (and before a Sentra) in Chicago winters for many years.

At times when it snows here I keep my truck in rear wheel drive and don't even bother with 4x4, however it's a lot less forgiving, even with skilled and more precise driving. That doesn't mean that it can't be done.
You're comparing a front wheel drive sedan to a rear wheel drive truck... I believe that if you test drove two cars of similar power and weight distribution in winter conditions (only difference being rwd vs. fwd) you'd see that rwd is ggz smile
I have. I drove a Crown Vic and a Chevy Lumina in snow. They are similar in weight distribution and are of similar class.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal