Oh well, I tried to quote another post but all it was quoting was they quoted from me. Go figure.

"I hear comments like this, but never understand why. If you have 4wd, and you're driving on snow or ice, why not put it in 4wd? I know you can "get away" with it if you take it easy, but why not take advantage of the extra capabilities of your truck."

Acouple of you have made good points regarding the use of 4WD. My reason for using it only when I feel it necessary is simply that I don't want to become dependant on it when the weather is bad. I've always driven 2WD vehicles and know how to drive them in snow and how to get out of a bind with them. So I guess it's just that I'm used to doing it that way.

Besides I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not always in my own vehicle in bad weather (e.g. go out w/ friends in their car, they drink, I have to drive). And I have known people who almost had to relearn how to handle a 2WD car after owning 4WD's and always using them.

Basically it just boils down to being what works best for me. Hopefully that makes some sense.

later

Rob

------------------
2000 Black SE 4x4, 5spd
=========================
"not all those who wander are lost"
-J.R.R. Tolkien

"not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien