Yes, an ARB is better if the rig will see the majority of use on pavement. You have to relearn how to drive, when you have a full-time locker. Not a big deal, 'cause you learn pretty quickly how to spin the rear end around... Takes a little bit of finess to learn how to NOT spin it around.

Anyways, the ARB install really is straightforward. You can save a lot of $$ by doing all of the install except the backlash setup. Since it's a 3rd member, you can easily take the 3rd to a shop that will set the backlash for you. Should only be around $30 to $70, depending.

The ARB comes with very good, vehicle specific, directions, with lots of pictures. It really is simple enough for an average DIY, even if you've never torn the rear down before.

I know this, because I did mine, without ever taking a 3rd member out before. It was a piece of cake, and was done in one afternoon. So if you can have your truck down for a day, you can do it. There really isn't anything to mess up, per say. It only goes together 1 way.