Quote:
Originally posted by DesertHB:

Everyone has issues, but just to set the record straight. Calmini works on a product until it is as right as they can get it. Must I remind you the reason why SLR is not on XOC currently is because Ian tossed him off because they had upper control arm and rear spring pack issues that they refused to resolve? It's my understanding that they did finally get around to fixing things, but it took them a very long time to do so. So long in fact a number of folks ended up buying whole new kits from Calmini. Everyone has an issue or two in a product line. I personally never had an issue getting something resolved.
Calmini does their welding in house (far better than any welds than I’ve seen on SLR products –IMO), it is not outsourced. Some parts of the manufacturing processes do have to be done outside including those parts that have to be forged.
Some products sell out and have to be restocked and sometimes products take longer to restock than others and sometimes there are delays. I make no excuse when someone says that a product has shipped and it hasn’t, that’s poor customer service.
As for SLR being so honest and upfront about things. They literally stole the design for their “Econo” line of products from Calmini. Lastly Spencer has never made any efforts to pay me back for a steering system that I sold back to him. I had left numerous voice mails, sent emails with not even a “the check is in the mail”. A member of XOC even approached him about it a few years back. In short, I hope Spencer gets run over by one of his own trucks.

-Doug
Doug, just to clarify: SLR has been invited back to this board and can do so if they choose to advertise. They have progressed leaps and bounds in the last five years both in products and service. People here have had their issues with Calmini as well. It's just natural that some products aren't always home runs. Calmini/Full Traction is 20 times bigger than SLR. Their production is a much greater volume. The two companies just have a different focus.

There are no "unresolved" issues with any SLR products. SLR well works at something until it's right. As they did with the upper controll arms. Sometimes "as right as they can get it" isn't good enough.

As far as welding, are you really going to compare Calminis production line with SLR? I have seen stuff, including my own truck, that is just beautifull. To be honest, everyone seems very happy with Calmini stuff, but it is still mass production.

As a matter of fact, I'll put up some pictures of SLR welds and you put up the best Calmini stuff and we'll compare.

Again, nothing personal. I just hate to seea guy that isn't even on here being thrown under the bus. He too has a business to run. As a matter of fact, I'd have a beer with you again in a heartbeat. I just think your focus on your past poor experiences dominate your very emotional views.