Quote:
Originally posted by grafhx:
hey e1. i could use a lil advice, i play hard & always breakin something. .... truck has 25k on it, blew motor at 12k ....2 altern. broke sway way t-bar. driver side warn hub, pass. side lower control has a nice crack through it, and know i have a nasty clicking noise in front axle. think a spider gear cracked, ..... THANKS 4 UR KNOWLEDGE
GRAFHX
Quote:
thanks for the info. driving skills are fine. trucks not equipped enough. i know i beat the shit out of it.
Quote:
.....SAFETY'S #1, but LIMITS are QUESTIONABLE.
I hear you...but, maybe you're asking the wrong questions...I mean, sure limits are questionable...but, they still exist for a given situation.

You have a litany of breakage, and claim to beat the shit out of it...and you have the proof you beat the shit out of it..no question.

So - I have to say, you are beating the shit out of it on purpose...even your captions for the pics are along the lines of this concept.

So, if you KNOW you ARE beating the shit out of it, and you KNOW whatever questions you had about the limits were ANSWERED, SEVERAL TIMES in fact....IE: You don't care, and you are proud of not caring.

If I said I was climbing Mt Everest during a blizzard, And I didn't make it because it was blowing 300 mph and was 120 degrees below zero...I would not blame it on my equipment, it would be due to my stupidity in thinking that I could MAKE IT under conditions that I was wrong about.

Knowing what your equipment can handle is part of driving skill...no successful racer just floors it the entire race, or runs over debris he could avoid, etc...they know how to make the equipment last long enough to finish, and pick and choose what damage to risk based upon their experience.

So while an off road race like Baja, etc...might have trucks that CAN go 130 mph, etc...they might only go 40 mph over rough sections TO AVOID BREAKAGE...IE: Their driving skills involve knowing the limits of the equipment.

So - You are a kid (Compared to an old fart), and you have not gained these skills yet. That's OK, we were all young and foolish once...don't feel bad.

You say you work your ass off, and you don't want to waste locker money on repairs...that's the first step...

...So, you ARE on your way.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif