Quote:
From "Guide to Northern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails"
Trail: Peligreen Jeepway

Difficulty: Moderate. After a well-graded forest road, the trail narrows to a rough, one-lane path over hilly, remote terrain. Portions of the route are rocky and bone jarring. Other portions can be slick and muddy if wet. Steep in places with loose rock, but there are no difficult obstacles. The first part of Jeepway passes through a burned out area where fallen trees have blocked the route in several places. Bypasses have formed but they are faint and route finding can be challenging at times. Tight brush in places may scratch vehicle. Suitable for any seasoned, high-clearance 4-wheel-drive SUV. The trail sees little use, so don't count on help from passersby. Best driven in spring and fall.

Features: A long winding drive over a series of rugged volcanic ridges. Some drivers will find the area starkly beautiful; others, harsh and desolate. The route passes through the Tehama State Wildlife Area which is closed December through March. It is also closed the last week in October for hunting season when a permit is required.

Time & Distance: The entire unpaved loop measures 36 miles, of which 24 miles are easy forest roads. Allow a full day.
Date: November 13th & 14th
Elevation: Approx. 2,000 ft - 3,300 ft.

This trail is ranked in just about the middle of the moderate trails listed in the book. The easiest of the Moderate trails is Eagle Peak, which a stock Xterra w/ step rails has no problem. And, the difficult side of Moderate trails is Bear Valley Loop, which did require a stock Xterra to take off flaps and rails.... So, I think that Peligreen Jeepway would require a stock Xterra to take off your flaps and rails, but that should be it....of course, with careful driving is a must, anyway... wink This trail should be perfect for those who want to go camping/off-roading in your stock Xterras, and I'm sure those w/ modified Xterra would have a great time as well.

There is a (very) primitive camp site almost half way of the trail: Black Oak Grove Camp Ground. This is likely to be our camping spot.

I've contacted Fish & Game a couple of weeks ago regarding the hunting season... As long as we run this trail in Nov., we're okay. smile (No one should be shooting at colorful Xterras, anyway laugh ) And, Nov. 6th & 7th might seem like a better time for some since Hell Hole run is on Oct. 23rd & 24th, but I have a personal reason to be taking 6&7 weekend off....so, sorry if you're counting on that weekend for camping. :p

Oh...Only thing that is going to stop us from going on this trip would be...weather. ...Of course. [LOL]

I don't have the meeting time/locations clearly set, yet, but I'll post it as soon as I sort that out.

Who's up for it? Please post any questions you might have in this thread.

Sign me up!
================
1. XSAL