Quote:
Originally posted by outbkjack:
...I know you guys like your safeways laugh But to stop in corning which is about 20 miles from red bluff doesnt make sense.
It's I who like Safeway for a meeting place. smile
Quote:
Originally posted by outbkjack:
I just realized you plan on running this trial east to west [LOL]
confused Running from east to west is funny for some reason? confused Why doesn't make sense? It's only 20 miles right? Trail itself is only 36 miles. It's about 60 miles to unpaved section from Corning (1st 1/4 of a tank), run the trail and back to the pavement (2/3 of a tank gone). There should be plenty of gas left in the tank to get back to Red Bluff or Corning or wherever... Besides, Pleasant Hill to Corning is about 150 miles/2 hour 15 min. It's a good time to take a break. Some of us are also driving another hour before getting to Pleasant Hill.

Anyway, since we all have to drive a good distance, we'll be stopping at Safeway only for a (rest room) break. Please do all your grocery shopping before the trip to shorten stopping time at each location.

0800 Meet at Montgomery Ward in Pleasant Hill
1015 Arrive at/Meet Safeway in Corning (30 min. max break)
1045 Leave Safeway in Corning
1115 Arrive at Red Bluff for gas stop (15 min.)
1130 Leave Red Bluff for Paynes Creek
1210 Arrive at Paynes Creek
1240 Arrive at the Trail head

This is not a final... If a majority wants to skip stopping at Corning, we can. If a majority wants to fill a tank in Corning and skip Red Bluff, we can.

And, we don't have to run the trail from east to west, either. I planned it that way just because that's how the book shows the route. If someone is willing to lead us all from the other way, I'm okay with that, too. :rolleyes: