Ok....so I have only towed a few times but I must say I am very impressed with how well the VG33 does in the 2000 Xterra towing my 3700 lbs trailer (that includes all water and options and gear). I have pulled over to Bodega Bay and just got back last weekend from towing over to Half Moon Bay via the Altimont pass on 580 and it did wonderful holding 62 mph going up at about 3700 rpm's. Ironically I had a new Titan pulling a ski boat roughly the same weight in front of me and I had no trouble keeping up.

Now had he know I was using him as a measuring stick and drafting off him all in the same beat I am sure he would have and could have dropped the hammer on me with that big V8 but hey let me live the dream a little bit. My big test will be next month when I pull to Yosemite........but I plan on avoiding priest grade on 120 and go up the slightly flatter highway 140 through Merced into the Valley. It pulls pretty good but I don't think it pulls good enough to tackle Priests grade with a chip on my shoulder.

Thanks for all the advice I got here on getting the pulling setup right the first time. I have the load equilizing hitch and bars............sway device........performance muffler and intake.......and synthetic oil in the tranny. Future upgrades planned are the mean green alternator so at 180 amps I can charge those batteries as I drive even faster.

Hope one of these days I can pull it to an NCCX camping trip.