Just got the new a-arms installed saturday, before the rains.. hehe
Went to wheel works to reallign.. got the mother of all dirty looks.. I guess i should have tried harder to have the 2 front tires pointing remotely in the same direction..
I didn't reindex the bars, just cranked till one topped out, and cranked the other to match.. about 3/4" to 1" between the stops..
front is a little over 1" higher then before.. (was already cranked before i started)..
The adjuster bolts were loose!!!! I think that was the cause of my clunking noise for the last 6 months.. They were nice enough to retorque the lug nuts for me..
what worked for me on the ball joints, was first to kiss them off.. they are going to be destroyed, so deal with it. beat them for a bit with the pickle fork, then turn the wheel away from the wide you are working on, IE left side tirh to the right, right side, to the left
put the pickle forn right behind (on the right, in front of the left) of the caliper, in the low spot between the caliper & the roter dust shield..
with the frane on a jackstand, lower the a-arm with the jack, till the jack bottoms out, and wail on the pickle fork, like it made your team lose the superbowl, your wire do the mail man, and it got your kid kiched out of school.. and with a crash of the pickle fork hitting the ground, otu is popped.. the first side i beat on for 90 minutes not wanting to damage the brakes..
all it did is bend the shield 3/16" down, and it bent right back up after i was done.. side 2 = 5 minutes.. now I have to take the damn skid off to put n the idle arm brace [Crybaby] , guess it could be worse.. sence it alligns i am not worried about cranking it the rest of the way till i get my new steering from calmini in jan, or feb.. then i guess i have to reindex, and allign it all again...
on another note, anyone know a good fabricator to move my calmini up 2"?