After a 13 hour patient installation, I finally had my suspension lift installed in my X with the help of Dean, Akio, Huey, & Matt... installing the lift was a learning experience for me. I learned that you should not put your head to far inside the wheel well when removing the shackles, in pulling out a rusted nut 5 guys are better than one, always have a big ass wrench and socket for the pitman arm bolt (matt has some pictures) oh and don't forget the gigantic 2"x4' breaker bar, and if you plan to move here in the east coast and own an Xterra for sometime and you plan to install mods, i advice that you'd rather sell your X and get another one here if you want to.for it will make everyone happy wink
So far we did have enough tools to work with but the surprise came later that day when the guys wasn't aware that the nuts & bolts in my truck was bonded with nature's loctite (RUST) laugh , we have to soak the nuts and bolt with enough WD40 so we can pull it out (sometimes we did pull the bolts out). Dean also used a sawzall in removing the driverside A-arms.
We broke three tools in pulling out the nut in the pitman arm. then Huey have to saw the bolt to get it off. after all the stock steering system was removed, installing the new steering system went on faster because the parts were soaked up with WD40 and lliquid wrench.
I just got my alignment today and the truck looks good now and there is recognizable difference between the stock steering and calmini's.
Once again i want to thank you guys for your persistence, your time and your patience!!! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
i can't wait to test it on the trail.