The most critical factor is that your truck really is in excellent condition. If it is, then don't sell yourself short. Even if it's not perfect, if it's in good condition you still have a valuable commodity. Dealerships make more money on used cars typically than new car sales, so why can't you?

You have a desirble, high profile vehicle, in a popular color and you live in a highly populated area. 5 speed is irrelevant - you just need one person to buy your truck, not the majority of the population cool

If your truck is in good condition, show it off! Spend a saturday - wash it good, and wax it. Wipe out the inside of the door ways. Vacuum out the interior. Remove spots/stains in carpet or upholstry. Wipe down all the interior plastic with a matte finish spray like Meguires #40 Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. Clean all the windows. Take a digital camera (borrow one if you have to) and take LOTS of pictures. Prove the condition it's in - lot's 'o shots of the outside, the inside - rear seats up/down, etc. More the merrier.

Get an ad on AutoTrader.com - pay for the picture ad but nothing else. Put the typical front/side shot as the photo, put in a rich description with a hyperlink to your page of photo's - use any one of literally dozens of free contact page utilities to create a page and host it on the free webspace you probalby have with your ISP. Ads on AutoTrader (unless they changed) stay until you sell, all you have to do is "edit" the ad every 30 or 60 days.

So, if you aren't in a real big hurry, take the KBB and start like $1000 higher and let it set a week. Drop it $300-$500 the next week and let it set. I'll bet you might be suprised at the results.

When I sold my 240sx, I wish I had gone at least $1000 over KBB retail price since I sold it, in cash, for exactly what I wanted to the first person that looked at it :p I had mutliple inquiries from people out of state too - power of the Internet to expand your audience.

Again, don't try to over-analyze the market - you never know what someone will pay - so start a little high and the lower it if you have to. If you start low, I guarantee you won't make top dollar smile

You can also get some more tips here:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/sellused.htm?x=0tekxgl_eoyyqkz_ttky3&y=0x40

Good luck [Wave]