NCCX will be attending this event on August 6-7

Please sign-up below if you think (or would like to attend). We need to be sure that we have enough vehicles to help.

#######################################

Hi Everyone,

Stephen from Camp WAMP asked me to forward this thank you letter and to let all of us know what’s happening this year. He’s very excited about adding new sessions at other locations and continuing to be able to sponsor all campers through successful fundraising events. What a great guy!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wheelchair Adventure
Mountain Programs

April 14, 2005

Northern California Xterra Club
Attn: Jean Miller

Dear Northern California Xterra Club,

It is with sincere gratitude that I thank the Northern California Xterra Club for its four-wheel driving services you provided to Camp WAMP during the month of August, 2004. I appreciate the overwhelming support and dedication you made to the efforts of Camp WAMP at Hawley Lake. You made the experience for the kids we support even better then we had planned.

I’m happy to announce that the help the Northern California Xterra Club provided for Camp WAMP at Hawley Lake was reason the first year was a huge success!!!! The experience really exceeded all expectations and all we had worked for and dreamed about for years. After a couple years of dedication and planning, I was very excited to return to the camp I once attended as a child, but now with my wife, children, friends, staff, and of course, our 24 very special campers you help sponsor this year! I hope to share the magical experiences together with you in the summers to come.

I look forward, with great optimism, to the number of kids we can sponsor through the continued support of the programs Camp WAMP will provide in the future. I hope you think about us as we expand and grow throughout the next several years and know how much you’ve done to have this dream come true for these great, deserving kids.

With my deepest appreciation and thanks,

Steve Wampler
Camp WAMP, Inc.
Tax Exemption Number: 74-3060306
Phone: (619) 957-4285
E-Mail: campwamp@san.rr.com
Web: www.campwamp.org

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is such a great camp experience for wheelchair bound youngsters and we were priviledged to participate last year transporting the kids! see my photos at http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/userview.jsp?username=BlueJ

The dates they need 4WD transportation for the Campers to get to and from Hawley Lake are August 6, 13, 14 and 20. .Jenny Yarrow (Program Coordinator) is in also in charge of coordinating the 4WD transportation this year and she is contacting various 4WD clubs about committing to one day or the middle weekend. Last year thanks to Reno Charlie we tagged on to the Hills Angels group.
How about if we do it again? The camp is in the beautiful Gold Lakes area of the Sierras and we talked about combining this with a Sierra Buttes trek - it’s a wonderful oppurtunity to be of service.

Jean

#########################################

NCCX DISCLAIMER:

By using this site and participating in club events, I hereby acknowledge that off-road driving is a potentially hazardous activity and that I should not participate in this activity unless I am medically and physically able to do so. I also acknowledge that off-road driving may cause damage to my vehicle. I assume any and all risks associated with my voluntary participation in club events. In addition, I, for myself and for anyone who might claim on my behalf, covenant not to sue, and hereby waive, release, and discharge NCCX and any and all of it's members from any personal injury, property damage, or any other claims which may arise from my participation in club-organized activities.

NCCX