So, we ended up going on a tril: NS 26 Alleghany Trail from Backcountry Adventure: Northern California.

Since this is my first post, pls bear with me as I know it's long but I think you'll enjoy... the trip was fun and eventful and went a bit like this...

Once upon a sunny spring afternoon 4 nccx members went for a nice relaxing drive... within minutes of crossing the first bridge got to meet a 'townie' (see below), caught some frogs, played in some waterfalls, found a great campsite (see below), drove through a quaint little gold mining town (see below) met some more townies (see below) had dinner (see below) and went back the way they came (see below).

Okay, yes you guessed it the 'townie' we met kindly warned us that this was his claim and that we shouldn't mine any of his gold... strange considering we're all carrying cameras and acting like fools, but whatever. Thanks, we wont mine. we left.

The great campsite, better than almost anything you could wish for... but it was 98% likely managed by the local bear and cubs. We'll never know, after inspecting the front of the cave we found it was apparent in our minds that this definately was a real bear cave. we left.

The quaint little mining town was straight out of X-Files, a Stephen King movie or if you wish... the Twighlight Zone. we left, but on our way out I had the great idea of taking a picture of one of these little gold mining shacks that looked like they were straight out of the 1800's. BAD IDEA... Yea, it was rigged with MOTION SENSOR CAMERAS in the window!!! What the @(#$&???? creepy eek . we left.

Not 10 minutes after the picture incident, you guessed it we met a man and a woman in a jeep who apparently lived in that little shanty I just mentioned, stopped to let us know that if we stayed in that campground we would be shot. SHOT?!! WE WOULD BE WHAT?!! okay, gulp, smile, thanks! we left. [Geek]

Upon reaching the apparent dead end of the trail... Snow blocked our way. We found yet more very large bear tracks... so in front of us is a bear and behind us are the gun weilding FREAKS, so we parked our cars, cooked dinner... in between jokes we listened for sounds and watched for flashlights from strangers. packed up and, we left.

On our way out smile the stars were absolutly amazing, we didn't meet any more 'townies', didn't get shot, and weren't attacked by any Bears... .all in all, everyone was rather pleased.

The End. ~ C