Sept 27-28

Hey everyone, I’ve got some very exiting news for the Nissan Xterra USA Championship, only the catch is that we need at least 5 vehicles to attend! So if you are interested I need to know soon so that Janet can plan for the event, which includes quite a bit.

Here’s the new info.

There will be a big crew of Nissan corporate folks coming from LA. We need to really show these guys that we are using our trucks for more than what was intended.

Here\'s the current schedule of events for the weekend so you guys can get an idea of how it works.

If there is enough interest (say 5+ trucks) we can run the Best of Show Competition on Saturday morning. The contest has changed slightly from
Last year, but we judge the trucks in several categories (the new rules will be posted soon) and award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies.

Janet is working on finding an off-road excursion for us for Saturday after the competition - and believes we can find something that will work for a 2 hour session... although we'd have to drive 30 mins to start it. Nissan will provide lunch.

Timing is still a bit up in the air, but the show is currently planned for Sat morning - just let me know what works and I'll see what I can do.

What we offer each participant is:
1. An official event t-shirt
2. Complimentary entry into the 5K/10K Trail Run or XTERRA Nevada
3. Nissan will give everyone a Nissan Xterra cap.

There's a ton of things to do while you are with us:
- free climbing wall
- free Shimano kids bike races on Sunday (everyone gets a medal and goodie bag)
- free Nissan Road Rally (remote controlled Xterras and Frontiers - it's KILLER!)
- food/drink/exhibits
- Sunday cut-a-thon (professional haircut in exchange for a $10 donation)

Accommodations are getting short, but here's info:
laketahoe.hyatt.com
Once again, the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe hosts the Nissan Xterra USA
Championship. Please ask for the XTERRA rate.

Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
Phone: 1-775-832-1234
111 Country Club Dr.
Incline Village, NV

Alternative Lodging Options - Search these Web sites for alternative
Lodging in King's Beach (five miles from the venue), Incline Village, Truckee, CA (15 minute drive) and Crystal Bay. Look for other options online at the North end of Lake Tahoe.

www.gotahoe.com
lake.tahoe.hotelguide.net
tahoeguide.com

There is camping in the area too.

If anyone wants to volunteer during the race - we'd be happy to have
help!

I'll keep you updated on the Excursion.

Here are my thoughts on what NCCX can do outside of the event. Hopefully everyone can either arrive late Fri or very early Sat, we could set up caravan groups for both options. We could do the event/contest and the off-road with Nissan on Sat and then on Sun do an optional quickie trail before we head home for the weekend. I’m going to look into a group camping spot or we could try camping on a trail. If you need a bit more defiantly try the Tahoe guide (tahoeguide.com) for hotel accommodations, but act fast (like within the next few weeks) because I think everything is either full or close to full for that weekend.

I need to know very soon (hopefully within this week if you can make it). We need to plan for lodging/camping and to let Janet know about how many of us to expect. It’s going to be a very exciting trip and would be great if we could get most of the club together for this!

Again let me know sooooon. smile