Quote:
Originally posted by slamson00:
yes I already suspect this will cost me a small fortune

but wow I almost fainted when they told me $460....
Wow $720???
frown
Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
expect to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $600-$900.
I guess you were thinking that "small fortune" was an exaggeration... smile

1. 60,000 mile service = $460 .... this includes MANY visuals You got 2 eyes just like they do. Why pay for this?
....changing the oil and oil filter.. Easy DIY, or gasp Jiffy Lube for 30 bucks
.replacing fuel filter.. Easy DIY
..changing the coolant.. Might prefer to have a shop do this one if the price is reasonable. Disposing of coolant properly can be a hassle. Get some local quotes.
...repacking the bearings Couple hours of work; most of us know how to do this, and it could be done in your driveway with jackstands.
...adjusting timing if need be Key words: if need be It won't be needed.
....adjusting parking brake. Uh, the parking brake is self-adjusting. Whatever. Might as well pay them to adjust the driver's seat, too.
...changing the spark plugs Pretty easy DIY, except for plug #6, which requires a bit of finessing, but otherwise no problem.
....add MOC oil treatment. Gimmick. If you keep up with regular oil changes or run synthetic oil, you don't need it
.add MOC fuel system treatment.. Go buy a bottle of fuel injector cleaner from Pep Boys for $3.99 and dump it in with your next fillup.
...etc....bunch of other minor stuff Yeah, like "check windshield for bugs, etc. wink

Don't have the dealer do any of the work. Get quotes from local service centers for doing your diffs. $120 (hopefully less elsewhere) actually ain't bad for a couple of hours of work, especially if your diff plugs are on really tight or as I mentioned earlier, they're buggered from hitting rocks.

You can sometimes also bring in synthetic fluid to the shop for them to install instead of their standard dino fluid.

The t-case is really easy to do. $140 is way too much. Would probably take just a 1/2-hour.

Keep us informed about what you decide! [ThumbsUp]