Quote:
From Guide to Northern California Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails
Trail: Hell Hole
Location: Northeast of Auburn and Foresthill, west of Lake Tahoe
Difficulty: Difficult. Narrow and steep with challenging rock ledges. Not for stock vehicles. High ground clearance, large tires and at least one locker recommended. help is a long way off. Don't go alone.
Features: A long drive to a short, but terrific hardcore trail. Ends at a very secluded spot along the shores of little-used, but very impressive, Hell Hole Reservoir. Makes a great weekend trip if you camp overnight and fish. Take bug repellent in the summer.
Time & Distance: Trail is only 4.0 miles long. Allow 1 to 2 hours each way depending upon vehicle capability.
Return Trip: Return the way you came.
Date: October 23rd & 24th.
Elevation: Approx. 4,900 ft.

Sorry, Ruger1022... I don't mean to start some sort of competition, but this was the only weekend I could plan for a camping trip...

As you all asked, the choice of the trail for October camping trip is Hell Hole. This trail is rated a bit more difficult than Deer Valley trail [Uh Oh !] , and obviously requires larger tires, suspension lift, etc. If you have driven though Deer Valley w/ only larger tires, and if you're comfortable, join the trip at your risk. wink

I chose this trail as a camping trip because of the time & distance to the trail...plus the hours of day light. I'm not quite sure when we should be attempting the trail...

October 23rd (Sat)
9 am at McDonald's at Santa Rita Exit off of I-580
11:30 am at Safeway in Rocklin for lunch & grocery shopping
12:30 am in Foresthill
13:30 near Hell Hole reservoir

Who's up for it? :rolleyes:

Sign me up!
==================
1. XSAL