Anita and I are heading up to the Lake Harrison area for an overnighter on Oct 16/17, possibly with Claus and his better half. The salmon will be spawning, and there's a great campsite on a river up there that's fantastic for big groups.

The terrain isn't particularly tough, so if there's anybody out there who hasn't gotten their trucks dirty yet, now's a great chance to see what your truck can do. You'll get about 50 kms of easy dirt road driving, with plenty of opportunities to go off the beaten path and try some bushwacking, hill climbing, and boulder crawling if you want to give it a shot.

If interest is high enough on Sunday we could try to find an alternate exit (instead of coming back down the same road we went up) by continuing North and East through the woods until we get to Boston Bar. I haven't gone that far yet, but the maps give me a pretty good idea we can get through.

Sleeping should be strictly in-truck, because of the salmon buffet lining the shores of the river, bears are likely.

If there's anybody interested in meeting some of the PNWX crew and wants a guided tour through the woods, come along!

Here's a rough map of where we're going:

The river and campsite looks like this:

Spawning salmon look like this!

edit: whoops, got the date wrong, meant Oct 16/17 not 15/16 smile