No the name hasn't officially been changed yet. That's why the forum here is called TXXC/SWXC (since you can't go to swxc.org anymore and get us (now it's registered to someone in Thailand). We let the yahoo site go, because we had our own forum, and it was redundant. I've always looked at our section on XOC as a front door, and a backup to our website forum. A front door since it's a way to introduce people new to the X that there is a club in this area that the also might be interesting in joining. A backup site, since nothing we post on TXXC/SWXC forum private and couldn't be discussed in a much bigger world over here, it's just easier to segregate everything over there.

I've never understood people that think they must reinvent the wheel just so they can be in charge, Yes we created the club, but at the time their wasn't any other club for the Xterra's and it was a cult vehicle then. We never told anyone that they could run for an officer position, actually we used to beg people to run. I think we've only had one contested position since formation, and he lost because he moved out of state (way out of state, and it's a little hard to travel cross country for meetings and weekend events). I originally took the treasurer position because it seems to be the kiss of death, everybody that volunteered for it, disappear after 6 months or so (which was good for someone handling the money, fortunately that never became an issue).

Hopefully the new name will get some new energy back into the club, from the new and old people and we can start doing events again. While you can't do truck events on the internet, the internet can be used to plan and coordinate this event's given the size of the geographical area we are dealing with.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07