Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
Well, damn. I thought that you were gonna be gone to Austin this weekend, so I already scheduled an appointment. You sure you wouldn't mind? let me think about it and i'll let you know.

What would I need to get to do all this? How much oil, what kind of filter and all that other stuff? Growing up, my dad would rather just pay somebody to do all this than worry about it, so I kinda lack in experience in this department. Also, what kind and how much beer would I need to get for ya, Keith and anybody else interested?
Engine Oil: 4 quarts (The truck holds 3.5) 5W-30 or 10W30 name brand. I use Valvoline synthetic but that's a whole 'nother discussion.
Oil Filter: Nissan - buy it from Courtesy & don't forget the crush washer for the oil drain plug (little copper washer)
Air Filter: Nissan - buy it from Courtesy
If you're going to do the front brakes:
Pads from Courtesy (pads and air filter cost me $70 w/SWXC discount). Also (from any auto parts store): brake parts cleaner (spray can), caliper grease (two little packets), anti-squeal (I've got some), and 1 pint of DOT-3 brake fluid.
Coolant change: 2 bottles of GREEN anti-freeze.
If you're going to change transfer case fluid: 3 quarts of Nissan Matic D automatic transmission fluid ($5.32 a quart)
If you're going to drain & fill transmission: 5 quarts of Nissan Matic D automatic transmission fluid - more for a flush.
If you're going to change differential fluid: 5 quarts of 80W90 GL-5 LSD-compatible gear lube. I used Redline brand 75W90 from Courtesy.