Rock - If someone steals my car I can PROVE it was stolen at the time and I wont pay a dime. Its happened here and courts have reversed fines.

If my kid has the car then I know they have it and I'm going to see the damage when they get home. Thats really a stupid example.

If you've loaned you car out don't you ask why they need it? Where they are going? And if you suddenly get a mystery ticket aren't you going to ask that person 'hey, when you had my car, where'd you go?'

I cant help it that the original poster didn't go back to the 'mystery driver' to get them to take responsibility for their actions. If I cant trust a friend or family member to own up to a traffic light ticket they get while they have my car why am I loaning it to them?!

Take some fucking personal responsibility folks. Sounds more to me like your using the 'mystery driver' as an excuse to get out of it. Good luck.

And if your insurance goes up cause you get tickets, so be it. Why should I pay more cause you cant drive responsibly.