One thing is for sure. You will not be staying in hotels. The villages you will be going to are VERY primative, some had no electricity, much less a hotel. You will be bunking in your truck or a tent.

Gas was several tanks down, plus a spare jerry can in case you run out in the mountains. Food wise, I survived on a few granola bars, a few small bags of chips, and gatorade for the entire weekend. (Unless you want to use the 'outhouses' they have in the villages, I would suggest low-yield foods).

I would seriously suggest at least $200 in mixed US/pesos (the tollway fee was killer, plus the fee to get a 'visa' for your truck to Mehico), plus a good, WARM sleeping bag, and a good high altitude parka (wind proof and warm). Don't forget your passport, a cooler of food (there are no stores in them thar mountains), WATER and anything you need to live with no resupply for 2-3 days.

Coordinate with whoever elese goes so you do not double up on things (like stoves to cook on and what not). Most of all, after you remember to load all of your things, keep room for household goods (clothes, blankets, pots, pans, toys, but not D.O. or toothpaste - seriously) as that is your primary reason for going in the first place.

Oh, if you have room, and it is not expensive, a treasured item is aluminum siding (or whatever it is you build redneck sheds out of). The men will 'kill' (<-- use that term loosly) for it. It is far superior to anything they use to build house walls.

s
SWXC Member #61
Stop plate tectonics!