Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully.

I don't think anyone felt shunned by the club or unwelcome (keep in mind here that I'm still a noob to SWXC... I've had my Xterra since mid-2000 but I just joined the club in October or so... so my opinions are based on short-experience)... but the fact is that, even with a big "welcome, please come join us", it is still an Xterra club. The name kinda gives it away.

...and if I had a Frontier, though I would come out and try to be a part of the club, I'd still feel like I didn't quite belong and would be attracted by the idea of my own club (that included me in the name) where I fit in better and could be a full member. It's like going to your girlfriend's family reunion... you keep having to say "okay, well you don't know me... but you know Becky, right? I'm with her..."

The alternative would be to change SWXC to being SWNC or something... but then that fundamentally changes the nature of the club and most members probably would not want that (I don't even think I would.. I like feeling elite with my Xterra).

I do admit that it's a bit odd having the two groups so closely related... but TNT is drawing in a new set of people that I wouldn't have been able to meet otherwise - so I'm happy with it.