Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully.

...and if I had a Frontier, though I would come out and try to be a part of the club, I'd still feel like I didn't quite belong and would be attracted by the idea of my own club (that included me in the name) where I fit in better and could be a full member. It's like going to your girlfriend's family reunion... you keep having to say "okay, well you don't know me... but you know Becky, right? I'm with her..."

I do admit that it's a bit odd having the two groups so closely related... but TNT is drawing in a new set of people that I wouldn't have been able to meet otherwise - so I'm happy with it.
So it is an ego thing? Just because we don't have Frontier or Hardbody or R50 in the club name people want to go off and start a new club? The SWXC has been operating for the past 4 years with Frontier (and other Nissan trucks) in the club with no problems. I wonder why now people feel the need to go off and make a special club. It really does not do either club much good. In the past there have never been enough of any of the previously mentioned model lines to have a club. What changed?

By making another club in the region it only weakens the numbers of people in both clubs. And we all know that there is strength in numbers. The more members one club has the more power it has to:

a) gain more members
b) get more sponsorship
c) have more events (because you have a more diverse croud)

So tell me again why this is a good thing?